Leek brake/clutch fluid

StevoS3

Reaction score
Got a leek people and I dno wot it is... Got under the car and its smells exactly like brake fluid leaking under the engine. Again the Rings strike back at my wallet! :sorry:

Can anyone tell me whats up with it?

Cheers, Stevo.

Have you checked it is brake fluid leaking? Eg have you noticed the brake fluid resevoir going down.
You really need to identify what's leaking and from where really and take it from there.

are you sure its not power steering fluid? either that or it may be leaking from the brake resevior, not too sure how else it would be leaking under the engine?

the brake fluid is fine, same level as 3 weeks ago. Just done all the brakes and lines no long ago and have all been checked.

Defonatly leaking brake fluid tho. Will look into tomorow to find where its cumming from,

Any ideas wot it might be?

just double check both bleed nipples on the resevoir, other than that, i guess it could be something to do with the clutch?? but you'd feel a difference in the clutch pedal i expect?? first and foremost find out where its coming from, get some tissue and wipe surfaces under/in the engine and try to track it that way

when i did my fmic i noticed the metal power steering pipe was wet near the rad, i thought it was brake fluid until i put it on a white rag and saw the tell tale reddiness

pas fluid should be green, sounds like yours has the wrong stuff in there (ATF) which is likely to be bad for your rack