LED sidelights blown a fuse?

m0ssy

Reaction score
Website
www.plate-trader.com
Hi there.

I am fairly new here and have recently purchased a 2004 A3 2.0 tdi 140 to save me some money on my long commute!

I thought that one of the first things to change should be the lighting, and my girlfriend kindly bought me some LED sidelights from eBay. They were listed as being specific for my model so thought they wouldn't bring up an bulb out errors etc. on the DIS but unfortunately they did just that!

I took them out straight away and am now ordering a pair from EM tuning, however, I now can't get the passenger side working again at all, even with the standard bulbs! I thought I may have blown a fuse or something but looking through the manual I cannot for the life of me find a fuse listed for the sidelights, or parking lights as Audi like to call them.

I'm not sure if it is the fuse or if it's something else and am just wondering if any of you kind people have any ideas lol?

Thanks

As soon as you get a bulb out warning on the DIS the control module cuts the power to that circuit and it remains cut until reset.

You need to put the original bulb back and switch the ignition on which will reset the fault code.

Each side of the car is controlled by a different circuit in the electrics module so one side can work whilst the other doesn't !!

Thanks for your reply Mike. I've been running without sidelight bulbs since this afternoon, so have just been out and tried this now. Put the bulbs in and started the ignition but got the error again and now neither of them are coming on? Is there a period of time I have to wait before trying this or any other way to reset the fault?

Thanks

No mate just turned the ignition to the point where my headlights came on, should I have done? Will this make a difference?

Yes !

Put the original (yellow) bulbs back in, start the engine and then turn the sidelights on.

After a few seconds any errors on the DIS should go off and the sidelights should be on.

Well earlier when just one side was working, I tested the bulbs and they all seemed fine so don't think this is the problem? Will buy some more cheap ones to test though. Is there an other way to reset the error code or anything?

As mike said, if the bulb works when you turn the car on it will do checks, if all the bulbs are working fine it clears any errors its self in regards to the bulb warnings.