Led number plate light help, error.

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello people

bought some LED number plate lights today from TPS to fit my 2010 audi S3 part no's for these are 4h0943021/22.

as these are proper audi ones I thought these would not throw up any error messages on the dash, guess what they have......

i got got the old VCDS out and when to 19 cent elec on selected coding led number plates and the error is still coming up on the DIS.

can anyone help.

cheers once again Dan

Did you not read the big long thread on here?

I fitted the same Audi parts on my 2011 S3 and needed a couple of 25W resistors to prevent canbus errors.

I've just ordered the Kufatec looms.....................:)

Yes, that's the more expensive option which will give the same outcome. I nearly bought the Kufatec loom myself but it's an identical job work-wise so a couple of resistors is nearly as easy and saved over £20.

I'm sure it'll solve your problem and the Audi number plate lights do look nice! :thumbsup:

I was going to add the resisters, but seen the loom on there website..................seems a bit of a shame how you get the audi ones and they throw up an error....................thanks for the help though.

I was going to add the resisters, but seen the loom on there website..................seems a bit of a shame how you get the audi ones and they throw up an error....................thanks for the help though.

Agreed. It's a shame Audi didn't completely adorn the A3 with a full set of LED rear lights at the 2009 facelift???

Anyway, good luck with removal of the inner hatchback trim and installation of the loom.

Trups is your man for led's

I had a problem with 2 interior dome lights flickering and he sent me 2 new ones with resistors soldered in now it's perfect.

Agreed. It's a shame Audi didn't completely adorn the A3 with a full set of LED rear lights at the 2009 facelift???

Anyway, good luck with removal of the inner hatchback trim and installation of the loom.

I've had the rear trim off before to fix the rear de mister, peice of pee lol

Reactions: Tonka Toy
I used the kufatec harness over a year ago on my 2011 S3 did the job nicely however got VCDS now but at the time worked for me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397222393503150ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397222407542174

Anyone got a thread on how they did it or is as simple as undoing the two screws and pulling the back off and plunging in the adaptor