LED in door handle retrofit

Hi there! I have tried retrofit led in handle in my audi a3 8v (front live 3 ground 5 and rear live 1 and ground 13) i coded (activate them) via obd11 but nothing.
In pin 5 i have already ground the puddle/ exit lights and they work just fine.
I messured with a voltage tool and in pin 3 i dont have voltage. In 16 pin of puddle/exit light i have voltage. I dont know why in pin 3 i dont have voltage. Any ideas??

Hi there! I have tried retrofit led in handle in my audi a3 8v (front live 3 ground 5 and rear live 1 and ground 13) i coded (activate them) via obd11 but nothing.
In pin 5 i have already ground the puddle/ exit lights and they work just fine.
I messured with a voltage tool and in pin 3 i dont have voltage. In 16 pin of puddle/exit light i have voltage. I dont know why in pin 3 i dont have voltage. Any ideas??
You coded via long coding in the door modules?

i did that Smurf, nothing! Thats crazy, i know!!
Recheck your work. Make sure you counted the PIN numbers correctly. See if there is any other box to be checked in the long coding. I can’t remember personally. I could fire up VCDS and check mine

Pin 3, Door handle light activation is just one tick box in long coding for door module.
If your pin is correct, you can also active Ambient and see if that does the magic. I say that because in module 09, there is one Adaptation in 'Ambient Lights' group that is something like ''door handle light with ambient light'' if that is activated then maybe door handle needs Ambient activation in door module.

Pin 8, ambient light is also an option, again just one tick box. Door handle pin by default stays On all the time, day and night..
Ambient Pin will power up when doors open and at night with cupholder/footwell/headlight etc.

Here's an idea if you haven't already bought the lights for door handle. RGB led.

IMG 20210226 182132 605

Pin 3, Door handle light activation is just one tick box in long coding for door module.
If your pin is correct, you can also active Ambient and see if that does the magic. I say that because in module 09, there is one Adaptation in 'Ambient Lights' group that is something like ''door handle light with ambient light'' if that is activated then maybe door handle needs Ambient activation in door module.

Pin 8, ambient light is also an option, again just one tick box. Door handle pin by default stays On all the time, day and night..
Ambient Pin will power up when doors open and at night with cupholder/footwell/headlight etc.
[/QUOTE

I will check it tomorrow afternoon!! Thanks both of you for your answers!!

Here's an idea if you haven't already bought the lights for door handle. RGB led.

View attachment 242576

Nothing my friend. I might do something wrong. Leds are working. For test When i put the pin in 16 pin (puddle/exit light) they work like puddle/ exit leds ( live when i open the door and when i close the door they are off).

I dont know what to do

Nothing my friend. I might do something wrong. Leds are working. For test When i put the pin in 16 pin (puddle/exit light) they work like puddle/ exit leds ( live when i open the door and when i close the door they are off).

I dont know what to do

Use pin8 ambient... Gives higher wattage than door handle light pin..

Try this link guide... then activate ambient in door.. pin 8

Use pin8 ambient... Gives higher wattage than door handle light pin..

Try this link guide... then activate ambient in door.. pin 8
Sorry link here

Nothing!! I m tired with these! I wired them (the front). The rear i dont have illumination. I dont know why!

Nothing!! I m tired with these! I wired them (the front). The rear i dont have illumination. I dont know why!
Have you tried the ambient pin?
If everything Else is working fine in your car I don't understand what could be issue with those pins.

Have you tried the ambient pin?
If everything Else is working fine in your car I don't understand what could be issue with those pins.
Everything is working fine!! I dont know either!! I m tired of all this. It might be simple but i m tired. Today i found that my rear window swiches dont have illumination!!

I seem to remember There are two different options for door handle lighting. One was for the exterior handles. Or maybe I’m thinking of mirror puddle lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys!! In my audi i put pin 1 at rear door module, long coded via obd11 and its not working. But when i am doing output test the led is working.