LED H7 main beam bulbs

sam4191

If In doubt, Flat out!
Reaction score
As per title, has anyone installed any of these LED H7 bulbs into their main beams?

I have been looking into them, as the halogen bulbs are quite dim, compared to later technologies. These LED bulbs seem to be quite a bit larger than halogen, so, do they even fit? Would they bring on any warning lights (I remember that I had LED tail lights in my old A4, and that always bought up a warning, which was annoying!)

I have been looking at these - eBay item number: 152157998694

Any help would be appreciated.

I recently removed mine. I tried them on both my Range Rover and my S3. The Rover doesn't have lights with the dome-reflector thingies in them, just regular lenses. Surprisingly, LEDs worked better there. On the S3 however, the light became very focused in a small area of the road ahead, barely any light around said focal points, and then a good amount of light on the side of the car where it isn't really useful. Switched back to regular bulbs last weekend and I can see much better now. Currently looking for the best HID solution as I think that is what would work best on our cars. My bulbs were $80 Phillips bulbs, but I can't remember the model.

It's worth mentioning that the quick on-off effect of the LED is great to alert motorists you want to overtake them. In Lebanon we use our high beams and horns quite often to alert cars ahead of us, and the LEDs excel in this as they warrant more attention from the car in front of you. :p Installed LEDs on my ZZR high beams for this reason and so far it has worked like a charm.

Reactions: sam4191