Leather: Shiny -> matt

Dippy

Reaction score
I've read lots of recommendations here on products that leave leather with a matt finish as it was when new, and aside from choosing one of them, I am left with the question is it too late? The leather cleaner/conditioner I used as left my seats shiny. If I use one of the better products can I still return them to matt?

@Dippy - Dr. Leather leather wipes are all you need. Can't recommend these enough!

On my old 2009 A4 I had 1/2 leather seats, which like all leather interiors, turned shiny with time & usage

These wipes not only cleaned the leather but left it restored to a lovely matt finish.
Bonus with the wipes is they leave the car smelling awesome!
I found a wipe per seat after the initial first clean, which was 2 wipes per seat. For me the treatment usually lasted around a month

When my S4's 1/2 leather seats turn shiny and they will, I'll be getting the Dr.Leather wipes out again

Bargain from Polished Bliss at £11 delivered for a tub of 40 wipes
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/dr-leather-cleaning-wipes.html

Great for leather settee's etc too

Reactions: scotty76
If its really shiny get a flash magic eraser from tesco cost about 2 quid , wet it rub over shiny leather and watch it transform these are amazin and nothin else i tried come close to these ! then can use likes of dr leather wipes to keep on top of it and keep the new leather smell