Leather heated seats?

Chris****

Reaction score
from when i got the car (not long ago lol) the seats have barely become warm. Audi says this is common for used cars! And what they would expect! Even though on 6 i still cannot really even notice they are turned on!

Both seats seem to be the same, though not sat on the passenger side really.

Do the seat switches play up at all? Or will it just be the heat mats?

from when i got the car (not long ago lol) the seats have barely become warm. Audi says this is common for used cars! And what they would expect! Even though on 6 i still cannot really even notice they are turned on!

Both seats seem to be the same, though not sat on the passenger side really.

Do the seat switches play up at all? Or will it just be the heat mats?
Mine on 6 will cook my cheeks med rare in 5 mins flats.

Reactions: Macaulay, durlew04, Hookmonster and 2 others
Yeah, my seats are pretty toasty on 6 too. Can definitely tell if they are on.

Thanks lol. I know they are not how they are supposed to be, but its where to start. No fault codes :(

3 is usually a nice warm settings.

You may need to get them checked out if they aren't getting warm enough.

what year is the car? its said that the facelift version of the heated seats don't warm up as hot as the prefacelift ones...
also if all the wires are connected then the system won't know any better and so does not through up errors. if you like i can look into it for you and see if i can suss out whats wrong with it.
where abouts are you based?

what year is the car? its said that the facelift version of the heated seats don't warm up as hot as the prefacelift ones...
also if all the wires are connected then the system won't know any better and so does not through up errors. if you like i can look into it for you and see if i can suss out whats wrong with it.
where abouts are you based?

Based in Southampton :)
Mine is a 2008 with full black leather. I have read loads on people being unhappy with them, but seems the years are random, although as you say more facelift than pre facelift.

Just strange that both seats seem to be poor :(

As above, 3 is nice. On 6 I could cook an egg.

ok so in the car do you actually notice them getting hot? if they were on even on 3 you would 'know' they are on.. if you are in doubt if they are warm or not then you may actually have a problem with them.
you can do a measuring block check within VCDS with the car on and the heated seats on to see if its sending the correct signal from the heater console and to see what temp the seats are and if they go up.

On 6 mine is uncomfortably hot. 3 is warm and still very much noticeable.

ok so in the car do you actually notice them getting hot? if they were on even on 3 you would 'know' they are on.. if you are in doubt if they are warm or not then you may actually have a problem with them.
you can do a measuring block check within VCDS with the car on and the heated seats on to see if its sending the correct signal from the heater console and to see what temp the seats are and if they go up.

Had both on 6 today, and after a 20 minute drive i think my *** did more warming than they did. More like im heating the seats to be fair lol
I have VCDS coming tomorrow, so i will be able to check. Audi supposedly have done this, and said they are ok. The A6 i had as a loan car was perfect, well had to turn them down all the time.

Is it easy to check on VCDS?

Mines a 09 face lift and feels like you have peed yourself after 2 mins

ok if you have the feeling that you are warming up the seats then it isn't working. it probably isn't even heating up the seat at all! in mine at 6 it would start to burn in 5 minutes of switching it on.

in VCDS you want to go into the climate control unit and then go into advance measuring blocks which i think is number 8, then go down the list and enable the thumbwheel and the seat temp and requested temp for both seats... this should show you a live view of what the seats are doing when you turn the thumbwheel on and turning the temp up. if this shows that the wheel is being turned up to 6 but the temp isn't going up then there is a problem with the wiring or pads, if this doesn't register that you have put the heating up to 6 then there is a problem with the climate console.

ok if you have the feeling that you are warming up the seats then it isn't working. it probably isn't even heating up the seat at all! in mine at 6 it would start to burn in 5 minutes of switching it on.

in VCDS you want to go into the climate control unit and then go into advance measuring blocks which i think is number 8, then go down the list and enable the thumbwheel and the seat temp and requested temp for both seats... this should show you a live view of what the seats are doing when you turn the thumbwheel on and turning the temp up. if this shows that the wheel is being turned up to 6 but the temp isn't going up then there is a problem with the wiring or pads, if this doesn't register that you have put the heating up to 6 then there is a problem with the climate console.

Will be number one on the list of things to tomorrow then :D

Thanks for that, just hope its the console

pads , thermister , or rheostats any of them could be faulty

If its was the pads, surely they would not all go? Not sure how they are wired, but normaly you would get just the bottom or just the backs that stop working. And on both seats :mad:

Who knows, but i want my **** warmed so got to get them fixed :D

the backs are connected to the bottom and then to the car, if one of them isnt working then the other won't work... its all in 1 circuit.

You can feel mine on 3/4 on 6 you know they're on, they're defiantly not amazing though for heated seats but they do the job!

I think Audi is trying to look after you guys - toasty gonads are not good for the sperm count :)

Reactions: ninjakid
Trying to do bit of research on this. Only just got the car and little chilly going to the car so thought id try the heated seat. Nothing...nothing..
Nothing. Put passenger side on.. maybe got a tad. And i mean a tad warm.. or maybe it was in my head i dunno haha. Because ive only just got the car. Would the standard 3month warranty cover it? Before i go in guns blazing haha

There is a chance your seats have been changed for non heated versions or the Climate control unit has been changed to one with the seat heat switches.

In my S3 I keep the switch on 3 an barely notice it heating up, if I turn to 6 it gets warm but takes a while. I previously had an A3 which would heat up nice and toasty - did you give it plenty of time to heat up (what ever plenty of time is)?

I looked at the fuse. Seems ok. I tried them again this morning and they do get little warm but thats it. May as well have them off

I looked at the fuse. Seems ok. I tried them again this morning and they do get little warm but thats it. May as well have them off

I've just turned mine up using VCDS to change the max settings, my hottest! Was 42 deg now it's 55 and the next one down is high 30s, lowest is 23 but can't feel so that's going up too.

Mine were like yours before hardly noticed they were on.

You might have damaged heating elements, I've heard they can get knackered by kneeling on them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah ok. Ive got the program but no lead haha. And only had the car 2 days but needs sorting either way