Leak at headlight washer, what access??

Phil.MC

Reaction score
I seem to have a bit of a leak of washer fluid from around my offside headlight washer.

Not sure if it's the nozzle itself or if the hose has split or popped off, but can I ask if anyone can tell me how to get a look behind it?

Is it a bumper off job or is there a way to get in behind there without too much hassle in this Baltic weather? It's imperative that it gets fixed pronto with the crappy weather we're having right now.

Thanks in advance folks.

Unless you have a lift, that allows removal of the engine tray and gives you limited space to inspect the pipe work, it’s a bumper off job to access the headlamp,washers and associated pipe work.

Removal of the bumper is easy, but in this weather, probably quite challenging.....

This may help you when looking for the leak:

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a7+sportback/a7/2015-788/9/955-955030/

Reactions: Phil.MC
Cheers RAF buddy.
I found that washer diagram earlier on.
Think I'll just cap off the hose to the headlight jets and isolate the power to its pump until I have the time to get the bumper off. At least I'll be able to fill the bottle up again and use the windscreen jets in the meantime :thumbs up:.

(Btw I'm ex RAF as well, 111(f)sqn F3 ADV avionics eng)

Reactions: RAF_S7
Here is my guide to grill replacement.

Although not directly relevant (unless you want to know how to remove the bumper) there are a couple of pictures of the headlamp wash pipes that may be useful to you.

Link here

Cheers RAF buddy.
I found that washer diagram earlier on.
Think I'll just cap off the hose to the headlight jets and isolate the power to its pump until I have the time to get the bumper off. At least I'll be able to fill the bottle up again and use the windscreen jets in the meantime :thumbs up:.

(Btw I'm ex RAF as well, 111(f)sqn F3 ADV avionics eng)

Im ex TG3, 20 years in Telecoms engineering :racer: