Launch control in the wet not good!

Demari46

Reaction score
Launched my s3 earlier today on a rather wet road and it really didn't like it, the front wheels just spun up hard! Then the power just totally cut for a second or two then I had drive as normal, foot flat to floor whilst this was happening. It's doing this before its getting out or first gear. Traction control and stability turned off so I don't know why it's cutting the power or maybe shifting in to second, then immediately shifting back to first? Anyone shed some light please

I launched mine yesterday in damp conditions, I were wary after a scare in an RS3 haha.

I left the TC in Sport rather than off, as a precaution ;) I didn't have any issues, which surprised me.

I launched an RS3 once in the damp, on the same stretch of road in the same start place.. the car pulled drastically to the left, I had the wheel on a 90 degree angle to the right to correct it.. scary stuff!!

Nothing like an RS3 launching, brutal! The S3 is great too, my brother was laughing.

Launch 4 for me now in a few hundred miles (1300 on the clock), won't be doing any for a good few months now

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Richierich37 and 1 other person
What did you expect?

Sometimes the human brain works best....

Reactions: azibux1 and AudiNutta
What did you expect?

What did you expect?

I thought the Haldex would work better that is does tbh, it says it's capable of sending a big chunk of power to the rear, but I've never experienced that In over 10k miles. Maybe mine is broken

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
You cannot defy the laws of physics even with all the four wheel drive/launch control in the world,it'll put the power to the rear realise its slipping and put it to the front and then just repeat repeat repeat until the driver twigs on

I tried a launch tonight on a cold, wet, recently gritted road at -2 deg.
As expected, I sat there for a couple of seconds with 4 wheels spinning, car starting to drift to the left, then it leapt forward still scrabbling for grip. Too much power, too little grip.

It was a totally different result a few days ago when the roads were still a bit damp but much warmer, it took off like a scalded cat.