1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

RSQ3 Kyalami Green RSQ3 - Coming soon

firecracker69 Oct 18, 2020 at 2:54 PM

1. firecracker69

firecracker69 Registered User

Hey all,

After getting rid of my 2019 RS5 and moving across to a BMW 330i I have to say after 3 months I'm back again!
    I'm not going to put the car down, BUT, personally its very boring, appears cheap in some areas (imo) and I just miss the Audi brand and quality.

The intention was to move from the RS5 to save money; when in fact its actually cost me shed loads now making these changes!!

Anyway.... I know its not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but I collect my Kyalami Green Vorsprung RSQ3 within 2 weeks time. Its a 20 registration, 1 owner with only 1,500 miles on the clock!

Initial pictures below:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

I have not test drove this, not seen the car in the flesh (metal), I know very little about them other than watching 'youtube' videos. From what I have seen it appears to be a very good car. I did toy with the S3 and RS3 but I think with the new ones around the corner I wanted something thats not going to be changing anytime soon and add to any depreciation.

I've no idea what this car looks like in real life, so any opinions on this or the car in general more than welcomed! :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 3:06 PM
    cosmicblue and paul wev like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Paul McGrath’s Knees

Paul McGrath’s Knees Registered User

Congrats. As you say,not to everyone’s taste,(mine included) and about as subtle as a baseball bat to the head,but it’d be boring if we all liked the same cars. I’m sure it’s a great drive.

4. firecracker69

Thanks! :)
    I know, trust me. If the choice was there then a grey, red or anything other than bright green would have been my choice! I agree its a bit loud, but I did convince myself that this is the type of car that could just about pull it off being an RS model. I'm sure there are others that love this colour!? Maybe :)

5. Paul McGrath’s Knees

Paul McGrath’s Knees Registered User

Lol,I’m sure there will be plenty. I hope you are happy being the centre of attraction everywhere you go,as you are sure going to be. I look forward to your experiences with it in future posts. My Sepang Blue 8U RS would be invisible parked next to your beast

6. Walternate

Walternate the 1st 5 days after the weekend are the hardest

This guy>

firecracker69 likes this.
  7. firecracker69

What do you mean growing on you? The colour or just the entire car wasn't quite right?
    I don't think any are loud anymore, my RS5 had a great sound imo but others will say it was quiet and lacked sound - but then I suppose it depends what you had before. If you previously owned a V8 or earlier version then perhaps, but for me it was loud, popped and crackled so was great.

Not sure on the RSQ3, but intrigued by the 5 pot people talk about!

8. Walternate

Walternate the 1st 5 days after the weekend are the hardest

That's not me dude, I just quoted the post from @41YN

9. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I actually parked next to a kayalami green RSQ3 sportback today and I thought it looked really good
    I was going to take a picture but my son wouldn't let me lol. it also seemed a lot bigger than my 8U RSQ3!
    I wouldn't worry about the colour it'll look great on an RS, I think the Java green on my car is the best part of it......IMO obviously:icon thumright:

X3man and Marshy like this.
  10. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Registered User

Congrats Firecracker - I too have agreed to purchase a 2020 RSQ3 without driving it - mine is in Daytona Grey/Aral Blue interior RSQ3 standard on 20" rims, pano/C&S pack/TP monitoring and the 5yr/90,000 mile Warranty. Collection is currently the 28th Oct though seriously pondering over bringing it forward as tighter lock-downs seem inevitable.

Interesting over the 2019 RS5, I traded a fabulous 2015 Sepang Blue RSQ3 340PS for a Jan 2018 B9 450PS - RS4 (with every option - ex Audi UK press car) in October '18 and hated it within a month, really good at everything except being fun to drive, quick but no waaay of ever getting to the ragged edge of something terminal - felt like the car was sneering at my lack of stupidity.... so traded the RS4 just over6 months later for a 2016 RSQ3 Performance (367 PS), actually a smidge quicker than the current RSQ3 which would definitely allow me to kill me self through lack of imagination - so is desirable....that's perverse isn't it? The RSQ3 Performance hasn't put a foot wrong - I'm just a bit bored with it - shameful.

The F3 RSQ3 is 95mm longer than the 8U...not much in it.

JDHOWELLS likes this.
  11. A3simon

A3simon Registered User

Good to see some more F3 RSQ3’s on the forums. Kyalami was my first choice but I bottled it when ordering. I was going to order mica racing blue but at the time didn’t want to wait the extra time. Little did I know the world was going to fall apart and the basic colour car took the same time as an exclusive in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. cosmicblue

If the previous RSQ3 is any indication then you have just bought a car with a split personality - proper Jekyll and Hyde job and truthfully all the better for it too. The RSQ3 engine is an amazing piece of engineering built around a single turbo (unlike the RS5 that had two), the motor is unique to Audi so not used in any other of the VW brands, assembled by hand in Gyor, Hungary. From an engine technology point of view it is truly cutting edge.

Driven normally an RSQ3 is swift and easy to live with, like a hooligan on best behaviour, squeeze just a little bit harder and the other personality appears, quickly, urgently with an addictive sound-track to match, I actually prefer it over both V6 and V8s, just a bit nuts - and almost unique in the market today.

45bvtc likes this.
  14. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

See:

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/ninth-successive-engine-year-win-audi-2-5-tsfi/

9th successive year.JPG
    RS3 motor.JPG

PS: had mine for a FULL 9-years now:

Bluey engine.JPG

:thumbs up:

15. A3simon

A3simon Registered User

The only issue I have with the current car is the gearbox. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as sharp as the one in the 8P RS3 and 8V S3 I’ve had. I’m considering having it flashed. It’s just that little bit hesitant.

X3man likes this.
  16. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

17. cosmicblue

Thanks 45bvtc - great links, it is an amazing engine. The latest version has a light alloy engine block and hollow crankshaft together with a host of other changes - I seem to recall reading that it is 26Kg lighter now - the voracious appetite for 98+ octane hasn't diminished in any way however...

45bvtc likes this.
  18. JDHOWELLS

JDHOWELLS Registered User

I was looking at this very car online the other day as it is the exact spec i would order.. and not too far from me.. not quite in the position to push the button a deal just yet though..

I have driven the Standard RSQ3 sportback, in turbo blue - which too common a colour in my opinion, every Audi model seems to come in it, I like the Green, exclusive to the RSQ3 and its an RS - what better than a loud paint job! Only thing that would make it better is a metallic, or crystal paint finish - my s3 was Ara Blue, one of Audis best colours of late in my opinion.

I enjoyed the drive, and can only imagine with the sports exhaust it sounds that bit better, plus I would never have it with out the pano roof, too dark in the cabin otherwise..

I am interested to see the new RS3 too, but judging by how the new S3 has turned out, I’ll be stick with an RSQ3 just like you have :)

Incidentally, for car that’s been out a year now, I have never seen one on the road, other than the one I drove, so a nice bit of exclusivity..

X3man likes this.
  19. cosmicblue

There are a lot of unsold F3 RSQ3 cars on sale in the UK today, a whole raft of 'Introductory Volume' vehicles in strange specifications with a common characteristic of no pano roof, that will make them stick to the dealer forecourt for sure. Some dealers are evidently passing registered vehicles straight into the non-franchised trade with delivery mileage only - we are living in strange times as we are all only too aware.

Excess new vehicle inventory, lack of confidence in the market and the RSQ3 being a niche car means that no one should pay silly money for one - as an example I'm just bought (collecting Friday) a brand new Std RSQ3 with pano/C&S/TP monitoring and a 5 yr warranty at nearly £10k off list.

Sure I'd of liked a sports exhaust and red brake calipers, but I'm not totally crazy when the right deal presents itself. Milltek and SuperSprint both do exhaust upgrades (around £2k), I'll try a Cete valve controller first though, there is a company in the west mids that does high quality caliper painting (off the vehicle) so all doable.

The RSQ3 has always been exclusive - even for the prior 8U model Audi UK sold less than 900 for the entire production run of 310/340 & 367PS cars, truly one of Audi's best kept secrets as ownership, whilst expensive comes with lots of wickedly stupid grins.

JDHOWELLS and X3man like this.
  20. JDHOWELLS

JDHOWELLS Registered User

Nice discount, I test drove mine at a supposed VIP Audi event, and they wouldnt get close to anything like that kind of discount, so I have put the descision on pause for now..

X3man likes this.
  21. cosmicblue

It's a case of keeping a daily eye on Autotrader....I did! As of today, 20th Oct 2020, there are 100 RSQ3 2019 onwards. Add: sunroof to the search engine and there are 25 cars for sale.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    X3man likes this.