Facelift Known fault with FL RS3 - ticking exhaust valve..

They have
What are they suggesting they are going to do to fix it?

How long have they booked you into a courtesy car for? Obviously if they are diagnosing and then ordering a new exhaust, it might be there a while.

I’m going to see my dealer tomorrow about it, but I’m a little unsure on the ‘fix’, because I can hardly hear mine.. I could end up worse off and I want to know what’s fixing it.. imagine a further quietened exhaust.....

They haven't said anything yet about what they might do.
I've got a loan car for a week. Dropping mine off on the Sat they said they won't look at it till the Monday. Fine by me as it will defo be a cold start when they fire it up.
I'll just make sure they understand fully the issue when I drop off.
Even the other has noticed the rattle on start up now.
They can't fail to hear it. And I'll ask them to call Teeside Audi.
How hard can it be !!!!!
Only issue is the RS will be in the garage for min 1week potentially longer.

An RS6 !!!!!! No chance from my dealer.
Probably an A1 or some other dull model.
You guys up north obviously get a better dealer experience.

Interested to find out how you get on . I like you never relish a trip to the dealer I’m usually better informed and worried the car will come back worse than when It went in . However whilst the noise hasn’t really bothered me if theirs a fix then I want it done as clearly may impact come re sale time . Keep us posted if you can . As for the seatbelts can anyone clarify what’s wrong , I think I’ve missed that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shall certainly post up once I know the result. When I say my dealer don’t like me, they really don’t haha particularly the person I need to see. I couldn’t tell you why, I think I’m too hard to please and they don’t like it.

9/10 when I go in like you said, I have more information than they do and I don’t think they like that either. What will go down badly today is the seat belt, because if somebody has had new seatbelts regardless of whether it’s on his computer or not I want them to find out what the hell this recall is. They need to phone Audi Technical support and find out about it. The TPI should be clear cut for the exhaust because I can give him the number.

Post about the seat belt replacement was on the last page, it was replaced at the same time because of a “recall”, but no further info.

So, I’ve been told there are no recalls for my car and if there was a seatbelt recall it would be in the post.

Exhaust; the master tech could not find the TPI searching for it and there are no TPI’s against my car for the exhaust. But he said he’s not saying it isn’t an issue and it’s booked in late February for an overnight stay, they are ordering an exhaust in just in case. Once it’s been documented by video and sent to Audi, they can replace it. My exhaust rattle isn’t bad, you hear a light tapping noise towards the mid-section but nothing like what some of you guys have so they may just ignore it.

Reactions: Jonny B
So, I’ve been told there are no recalls for my car and if there was a seatbelt recall it would be in the post.

Exhaust; the master tech could not find the TPI searching for it and there are no TPI’s against my car for the exhaust. But he said he’s not saying it isn’t an issue and it’s booked in late February for an overnight stay, they are ordering an exhaust in just in case. Once it’s been documented by video and sent to Audi, they can replace it. My exhaust rattle isn’t bad, you hear a light tapping noise towards the mid-section but nothing like what some of you guys have so they may just ignore it.

They will only order in an exhaust once it's been proved that the one on the car is faulty......

Otherwise they will not get paid for the part under Audi's warranty terms.

Thanks for that. I’m guessing I will get a similar response.I don’t think I would want an exhaust change unless I def knew the part had been updated , a like for like swap could end up worse. I’m getting used to mine now!

Also if you have the Sports exhaust system how will you know that’s it’s been replaced with the Sports exhaust as apposed to the standard exhaust? They could replace it with the standard one and just stick the black exhaust tips on the box and we would never know?!
Then we would guess that it’s just naturally quieter and never know!

Long lead time on revised exhaust

They will contact me this week to advise when it’ll be in.

Well thats positive sounds like they are moving towards a positive resolution , long lead time means they haven’t actually got any revised parts to sort it of course !! Still maybe an acknowledgement is all we can hope for ..

Well thats positive sounds like they are moving towards a positive resolution , long lead time means they haven’t actually got any revised parts to sort it of course !! Still maybe an acknowledgement is all we can hope for ..

Yeah most of the revised exhausts are going to the factory builds

Reactions: Jonny B
They will only order in an exhaust once it's been proved that the one on the car is faulty......

Otherwise they will not get paid for the part under Audi's warranty terms.

The master tech said he will order one in anyway, just in case.. assume they can send it back. They planned on doing mine in one day.

I’ve just seen your post on the delayed part. Let us know when they give a timescale please. Mine is booked in for late February, I will call my dealer and inform them the actual modified part is delayed if they check. I think I will keep my booking and prove the problem, get past the first hurdle and then they can call me when it’s in. But I will be telling them, if the new system is worse I will want it reverted as mine isn’t that bad.

Also if you have the Sports exhaust system how will you know that’s it’s been replaced with the Sports exhaust as apposed to the standard exhaust? They could replace it with the standard one and just stick the black exhaust tips on the box and we would never know?!

They wouldn’t do that :lmfao:

The exhaust tips are welded on at the factory, I’m pretty sure Audi don’t keep welders in the workshop.. it’s easier for them to supply the sports exhaust, both will be the same cost.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Surely you are not suggesting Volkswagen Group would do something to a car that was deceptive that only a small group of people knew and not tell the paying customer. LOL .

Reactions: AudiNutta
Surely you are not suggesting Volkswagen Group would do something to a car that was deceptive that only a small group of people knew and not tell the paying customer. LOL .

Lol! So I’m guessing this is just a back box with exhaust tips only and not the full exhaust system?

Exhaust part is in stock at my dealer, car is going back Feb 9th to have it fitted! Will keep you guys posted, I'll take videos before and after.

Reactions: Macintosh88, AudiNutta and T-800
Exhaust part is in stock at my dealer, car is going back Feb 9th to have it fitted! Will keep you guys posted, I'll take videos before and after.
That would be very helpful . I would love confirmation that they have a modified part rather than replacing with same . Good luck and look forward to your post ..

Lol! So I’m guessing this is just a back box with exhaust tips only and not the full exhaust system?

Part system all the way to end of 2nd cats or straight thru pipes.....depending on territory.

Part system all the way to end of 2nd cats or straight thru pipes.....depending on territory.

Erm......I’m lost lol. Just the back box and black tips? Sorry

Erm......I’m lost lol. Just the back box and black tips? Sorry

This.....

9fef151116edad8aac07db801347b318.jpg

That would be very helpful . I would love confirmation that they have a modified part rather than replacing with same . Good luck and look forward to your post ..

If it sounds quieter they will be putting the old one back on again :)

Reactions: T-800
My dealer called me today and confirm they will change the exhaust :grinning: got time on February 26.

Reactions: KKOG and AudiNutta
Wow quite a lot more than just the back box eh!!

To a revised part , or just replacing like for like . ?

If I understood correctly, they will change all the way to end of 2nd cats.

Reactions: T-800 and AudiNutta
If I understood correctly, they will change all the way to end of 2nd cats.

Sorry , what I was asking was do you know if it’s a revised part from what you had originally. As in , have they found a solution by changing something on the exhaust ? Or , they are just giving you a new exhaust which they hope will cure the issue ? Hope that makes sense .. does to me !!

Sorry , what I was asking was do you know if it’s a revised part from what you had originally. As in , have they found a solution by changing something on the exhaust ? Or , they are just giving you a new exhaust which they hope will cure the issue ? Hope that makes sense .. does to me !!

ohh sorry, misunderstood what you meant. I asked them what was the fault, but they just said there are manufacturing errors on parts of the system. Will ask more exactly when Audi fix the car.

ohh sorry, misunderstood what you meant. I asked them what was the fault, but they just said there are manufacturing errors on parts of the system. Will ask more exactly when Audi fix the car.

Ok that sound positive , as in they have a revised part . Look forward to getting mine . Keep us posted if you can ..

Had an Etka update today and there isn't any recent exhaust part number changes, there was a part number change from 18.9.2017

10th Feb now.

Mine is booked in for the 23rd, so that’s alright.

I’m cold starting now with the door open, much worse. I’m going to get a recording and send it to Audi in advance.

Drop off on the 22nd, will go down on the 23rd and start with them.. supposedly they will already have the exhaust.

Finally had enough of mine rattling and after a chat with the dealers, sent a video clip.
Let's see what happens

Finally had enough of mine rattling and after a chat with the dealers, sent a video clip.
Let's see what happens

Well I have recorded clips and sent to my dealer, until I pulled the lever back into S I didn’t realise how damn bad it was!!! Can’t wait to get it gone

Keep me updated please, keen not to book it in until I know it fixes the issue without sacrificing noise, I would be more willing to put up with 10 seconds of tinny rattling over losing any of the now developed and run in noise I get.

Reactions: Splathead and AudiNutta
Well this morning the left flap has given up the ghost :sadlike:

No more rattle............and no comfort mode :yahoo:

Reactions: Phil3 and AudiNutta
I think for 10 seconds of rattle it’s not worth trusting audi to replace the exhaust system as it won’t do any damage.