SQ5 Keyless theft protection??

Meester_Steve

Reaction score
Just came across this:

Choice of 2nd vehicle made me decide to share here!!

Interesting solution.

Not sure about the double tap thing tbh!

Anyone done this yet? Or similar?

FYI. I have no affiliation with anyone in, or connected, to this video. And while it could all be 'smoke and mirrors', I think it could be worth investigating further.

Perhaps Audi could implement something like this FOC for existing customers and build into new vehicles??

Last edited:
Reactions: paul wev
Simply adding movement sensors in the keys would help home thefts, although nothing is full proof.

Quite, and if you make it more difficult they will just come after you and your family if they really want your car...

Simply adding movement sensors in the keys would help home thefts, although nothing is full proof.
Some other manufacturers have the key "go to sleep" after 30s ish of no movement. Stops relay attacks dead.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Some other manufacturers have the key "go to sleep" after 30s ish of no movement. Stops relay attacks dead.

TX.

Did you know in the RS4 it can switched off in the MMi ?

Did you know in the RS4 it can switched off in the MMi ?

And the door handles of the RS3 apparently if you have the right kit :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: T-800
You can switch off the unlock function in the MMI for the keyless unlocking if you have Sound and Comfort package on the 2017 + Q5

I turned off keyless entry on my SQ5 after seeing multiple videos like this. It’s **** having to unlock with the key, but a small price to pay for not having someone do this. Oh and I also bought a Stop-lock to discourage anyone messing with my car, again it’s a faff, but better safe than sorry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can switch off the unlock function in the MMI for the keyless unlocking if you have Sound and Comfort package on the 2017 + Q5

Don't pick mine up until next week, so could you please tell me how to do this and does it mean you just use the buttons on your fob to lock/unlock as you would if you didn't have keyless go ? Thanks,

Don't pick mine up until next week, so could you please tell me how to do this and does it mean you just use the buttons on your fob to lock/unlock as you would if you didn't have keyless go ? Thanks,

Pages 37/38 from UK Manual

IMG 1061

IMG 1062

This turns off all the convenience key functions apart from being able to lock the car by touching a door handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ferg