Keyless entry

the_big_1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

all was ok on my 2009 S% until yesterday. I washed the car, I noticed sometimes when washing near the door handles, the car was locking itself etc. Now the keyless entry wont work. The keyless lock does though.

any ideas?

There are some known issues with the door handle units, iirc, some guys sourced replacements online allot cheaper, search the forum as I can't fully recall at this time in the morning.

Get them on ebay. I replaced the pair for about 20% of the cost audi and easily fitted.

Hi all,

Just tried the car again, all doors unlocking now keyless but the passanger door wont lock pressing the button on the handle?

Hi mate I had mine replaced by Audi as it was under warranty. Basically mine worked 70% of the time and never when it was wet due to an open circuit so they were firing on and off about a hundred times a second hence working randomly. I took mine to audi and they had it for 4 days while they changed the whole unit. The guy said the key factor was it didn't function en wet which helped the engineers narrow down the exact problem ( when you connect via vcds it tells you the exact fault, the Audi engineers don't use vcds so when they plug it in it gives a generic "door lock" fault, not even telling you which side. If you're under warranty take it in, I have heard about people doing this though but I'm thick as mince meat ( luckily I have a perdy face to pull me through life :p ).