K&N Air Filter

you want to ask that over on audizine my friend, you may actually get a respone on there, its pretty dead in here lately. =( or is it jus me!!

I'm not an expert but I've read many posts where people think an after market filter can reduce the life/performance of the MAF.

Kev.

Hi mate , i fitted a K&n pannel filter a while back , works fine , no problems with the MAF , wot im told is you need to watch when you re-oil it , lets face it K&n are a huge company whey wouldnt be aloud to build some thing that could damage your engine ! gives you a slightly "raspy" noise , am told it will give a few(2or3bhp) just cause the engine breaths easier and if turbo model it helps power build quicker!

Mick,

You may well be right, but it's not a case of K&N building a filter that will damage your car. It's a case of Audi using a MAF which is prone to failure under normal conditions, let alone non standard ones.

Kev.

my maf went at 60k i had a k&n fitted into the box at 53k when i did my power chip. whether or not the k&n screwed up the maf in 7k is still in the air, but with all the time and confusion it took to get the problem sorted out it was enough to make me go back to the standard mann oem filters