Just ordered my 2nd Audi

Helifella

Co-Driver ~ Hattie
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As a member in the 8P forum for three years, it's ordering time for its replacement.

I was aiming for the A6 ultra until my fleet folk delayed my access and up'd the cost of the Ultra by the time I was on the system. With that and the over subscribed on-street parking, I thought it best to try the A3 Saloon...

No, they've shoved that price through the roof too.
Darn it.

So third time lucky i've had my order accepted by the fleet folk without spending a fortune. Don't get me wrong I love the 8V's just would've been nice to get a bigger car for silly pennies... maybe next time? By then we may have moved and I might even have a driveway!! I wanted an S-tronic so the A4/5's were't really an option.

I would've liked to try the COD engine but strangely that's not on the list in SB shape.
So, I decided on the following spec

A3 Sportback
150 TDI / S-Tronic - 10PS up on what I have, unlike the -45PS hit when I got the 8P. Also first auto but have driven my father's DSG

S-Line

Daytona Grey - love LOVE L O V E this colour!

Leather / Alcantara - wifey is petite and slides too much on full leather LOL Not only that Alcantara is cooler in summer / warmer in winter

Adaptive Cruise - NHN retro'd cruise on the 8P, now for the next step with ACC

Ali roof rails - growing daughter so may need roof box / bike rack

Parking plus - helps squeeze into the small gaps on the street

B&O sound - dissapointed a bit with Bose so hope this is good

Comfort Pack - cheepest way to get ACC/LED headlights

No rear badges, except rings - I always debadge, looks cleaner.

Folding mirrors

Heated seats

Interior lighting pack - any excuse for more LED's

LED headlights - just to keep up with technology, like the idea of them tied into GPS.

Progressive steering - new one on me, might be a gimmick??

Reversing camera - help to park in the street and another excuse for a gadget

S-Line suspension

Tech pack - high w/connect - last two cars i've relied on Tomtom app and thought now in car systems are better i'd try it.

Load through facility - fishing rods.

I've got my VCDS lead so will be tweaking a few items once it arrives, as well as transferring my Blackvue 550 cams.

The spec has been accepted so just waiting on a call from their chosen dealer to confirm before factory order. My 8P came from Coventry Audi, so guess maybe them again. Would be nice to have a dealership handover rather than have it transported to my doorstep, so will ask.
The earliest I can receive it is 24th Nov as i'm no where near the mileage limit on my 8P.

So it's time to hurry up and wait.

Reactions: Sandra
Looks good, and the ACC is well worth it. Some nice options there. I've got the Blackvue 550 cams as well... thought I've been having some overheating troubles recently. I thought they had solved all of that... guess not though :( Occasionally I have to pull the power lead for a minute or so and plug it back in as the camera is unresponsive. V annoying.

I've been lucky in that sense, but do have neon-like over exposure from the rear cam. I think it's when the boot lid is closed a little too hard. One of the reasons i'd prefer the saloon so the camera doesn't get the shock vibration. I'm hoping I could mount the camera slightly differently in the 8V.

I am getting the privacy tints but opted for my friend to apply film as the monthly cost was silly for factory tints.

Had the call yesterday from Coventry Audi and they've ordered my exact spec. I hope they manage my cherished transfer better than last time around, I was on the standard plate for 6 weeks. It would've been great for the car to be supplied by my local garage but I might have a road trip to collect it.

Had the call yesterday from Coventry Audi and they've ordered my exact spec. I hope they manage my cherished transfer better than last time around, I was on the standard plate for 6 weeks. It would've been great for the car to be supplied by my local garage but I might have a road trip to collect it.

The best thing to do with a cherished plate is, nearer to delivery of the new car, put your number 'on retention'. Then when the new car does arrive just give them the retention certificate and they can do the first registration using your number. This means the new car has your own numbers from day one.

Reactions: Helifella