Just got my first flat tyre!!!!!

Daz4311

Reaction score
Home from work..into garage to get car out .....****** flat tyre on the rear..now i go away on hols 2moro...so gonna have to stay like that till after my holidays...so a few questions please....as never had a flat tyre in over 30 years!!!!?
When home after 2 weeks...cars in garage...will the tyre still be ok or will it be knackered
If i need a new tyre when i go to get flat fixed....flat is on near side rear...tyre tread depth is about 5mm...do i have to replace both tyres or will just one be ok..car is s3 saloon
Sorry for long post but gone into panic mode as due to go away!?!?!?

Last edited:
Change onto the spare and when you get back take the tyre to a tyre place and see if it can be repaired.

Cant get car out of the garage as car is about 2 inchs from wall...so gonna have to sit there till i get back..not happy..but havent got time to sort....will call audi once im home and get them to sort it out...but like i say....im away soon ..dont want to get car out and then be stuck lol

Just ordered a tyre compressor so i can inflate the tyre once home of hols ao i can at least back car out of garage

For quattro, tyres on the same axle need to be within 1.6mm tread difference of each other as informed by Audi to me, so think you'll have to do both? Can't remember tread for new tyre 7mm rings a bell.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never had a flat tyre in over 30 years?? That has to be a record doesn’t it?

You must drive on fluffy clouds.

Measured my tread...theres about 6mm left...so i may be ok ...will get checked...just need to find ot know if it will be ok after being flat and having weight on it for 3 weeks!!!

To answer your question. It certainly won’t do the tyre any good being flat for 3 weeks.
Can’t really follow why you can’t change to the spare. Could probably do that in the time it took to post the above messages?

Reactions: josul, Flying Scotsman, TonkS3 and 2 others
To answer your question. It certainly won’t do the tyre any good being flat for 3 weeks.
Can’t really follow why you can’t change to the spare. Could probably do that in the time it took to post the above messages?

Exactly what I thought. Change to the spare and worry about it after the holiday. Seems did not have a foot pump to temporarily pump up the flat. I keep my foot pump next to the spare tyre (and the torque wrench). I’ve had numerous flats over the years. Just a fact of life. A car sitting on a flat is potentially very damaging to the tyre if left for weeks.

Last edited:
As said the weight on the flat tyre will damage the edge and should stop any good garage doing a repair.

Digital pump in with the spare. Very handy! Don't let it sit for 3 weeks or you will 100% be having a new tyre :(

I had a blow-out in a back tyre last year when I was on the autobahn just crossing from Holland in to Germany. The German ADAC come out and changed the wheel to the space-saver. I then had to drive around 100 miles to the hotel where I was staying at 50 mph on the autobahn! Very frustrating. Fortunately when I drove in to the nearest town the following morning the first tyre depot I came to had the correct make, type and size of tyre. A quick change to a new tyre and I was OK again.

All sorted...got it fixed first thing this morning
Tyre ok but fitter put 3 small gauges in rim...but hey ho it could be worse lol

All sorted...got it fixed first thing this morning
Tyre ok but fitter put 3 small gauges in rim...but hey ho it could be worse lol
This is why I get nervous during tyre changes... they don’t seem to give a crap if they damage the alloy!

This is why I get nervous during tyre changes... they don’t seem to give a **** if they damage the alloy!
Thats why i wasnt looking forward to this...l knew something would happen...ordered some wet and dry and laquer..will sort after my holidays