1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Juddering when on full lock

Slim91 Oct 8, 2014

1. Slim91

Slim91 Registered User

Hi

I've got a problem with my Audi A6 3.0 tdi quattro.

When I ever full lock to the right and drive.. There's somesort of juddering/rumbling noise coming from the passenger front wheel. I had my tyre changed and that didn't make a difference. When I full lock the opposite way it's totally fine.

Can someone please help as its annoying me.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tingle55

tingle55 Registered User

I thought someone would have replied to you by now. Unfortunately that normal, it only happens to quattro cars at full lock. it happened to my 99 V-reg A6 2.7T quattro and also my 08 reg A6 3.0tdi quattro le mans. I also enquired about the same issue only to find its the nature of quattro cars. Coming out my drive onto the road I have to make a sharp left in which you hear a slight rumbling noise / juddering feel. its normal. So you don't have to worry..Hope that helps

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

As above I was slightly concerned with my 3.0 quattro when I first noticed that but when looking around it seems that is very common and due to the fact the car has a Torsen centre diff and is permanent 4WD. Not an issue with Haldex cars.

5. gupsterg

gupsterg Registered User

Perhaps Slim91 is having more than the normal noise/small judder/vibration?

Why I say this is that he states it fine the opposite way at full lock.

c4a5er likes this.