JoJo's S3 Obituary

Such a shame, got my first glimpse at the car yesterday at castle coombe and met jojo for the first time too.
At least your not badly injured, cars can be replaced. Im sure you will come back with something bigger and better and I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

@jojo tut tut at orange, an R8 has to be Red, lol. :) x

What's all this RS ********?

Jo BELONGS in an S3; S3's have been part of his life for as long as I've known him.

Pfft.

Reactions: Sandra
you were following a 8p yellow s3 on track!!!
starting to think you were day dreaming!!!
either lost control or thought an excellent way in not having to convince the mrs for an upgrade!!
good work!!

F**k the car, at least you're ok!

Build it bigger better, stronger! Ditch the half assed pretend quattro though :p

Jo, sorry to hear this. Glad you and your passenger are ok.

Is that Bill coming to the rescue with the trailer?

"Future's bright futures orange" sounds like prawn might be involved, that would be my guess anyways!

sorry too see this dude, better being done on the track than on the road by some other idiot crashing in to you on the road and totaling it. and good to hear you're feeling alright.

vultures everywhere :p

either lost control or thought an excellent way in not having to convince the mrs for an upgrade!!
good work!!

The 8P was stage2 I think, I was keeping up with it, but as he got more confident, he started to pull away slowly.

Jo, sorry to hear this. Glad you and your passenger are ok.

Is that Bill coming to the rescue with the trailer?

Yup.

orange 8p, i can feel it in my bones

I don't like 8P's, apart from the RS3 model! :)

Poor car. When I saw the red flag I was like "oh no someone in our session, sheeet" !! :(

On no, sorry to hear the news, glad your ok. It's been sometime since we last met.

I did 10 years flying the 8L S3 flag. I think you must be one of the longest owners now.

Good to hear from you today Joe, Glad you are both ok, Hope that you find a worthy replacement for her and keep attending the meets!

just so everyone knows jojo was driving well. i was watching at the same point and he was going quicker than most in his group.
a stage 2 s3 should destroy him and it simply didnt
glad your spirits are high.
gotta enjoy life pointless not doing things you love in fear.
i vote for a jojo donation page lol

Reactions: StaceyS3, weasle1uk, Clart and 1 other person
Sorry to hear. Seems to be fairly common on that corner. Didn't Bill have brake failure there too a few years back?

Looks ruined.
not Quarry, no Tower
same outcome tho, damaged car, although mine was repaired and not as damaged as jojo's

Combe takes no prisoners

I pressure washed off the grass and mud off the old girl yesterday after recovering it to Badger HQ with tuffty. What else would I be doing on a Sunday.. lol
10712777_10152582353633183_4132995854819098368_n.jpg

Reactions: Lavis89, jcs356, jojo and 6 others
WTF!!!!

No way Jo, just read this, hope you are ok!!!

Xtreamly sorry to hear this jojo; it's good you and you're passenger were unharmed... :sadlike:

I was admiring this in your other thread over the weekend.

Glad to hear you're ok but sad to read the car is now dead :(

Gops text me this. At least you're ok. Any advice re aches etc let me know I'll see if I can help. Rav.

Evening fellow ASN'ers, I'm feeling ok today, shoulder bit sore, but still no need for painkillers. Chris has messages me this morning aswell, and he's back to work feeling ok too, so all is good. :)

For those who opened the thread today, I have fixed the links to the pictures in my first post if you want to see them!

Reactions: Sandra
Evening chaps thanks for the thoughts, I'm pretty much back to normal now my neck has eased off a lot since Sunday morning so big thanks to Jo for controlling it right up to the last second, a foot to the left and we would have been in the metal barriers.

I think someone was looking after us that day as none of the airbags went off and it was a very hard impact it could have been a heck of a lot worse but we both walked out of it, the car died protecting us doing what she loved best.

I must say she handled like a dream the few laps we did she just pulled hard and Jo's suspension setup felt great into every bend, at one point we were actually closing down on the yellow stage 2 8P.

Obviously I'm gutted for Jo as I know the time and effort he's put into the car especially the last few weeks and I must say having been his passenger every time Iv been to Combe this time it was the best setup it's ever been.

We live to fight another day, Thanks for managing to keep us in one piece Jo credit to your skills.

Chris.

Reactions: Nilz, carl-1968, jojo and 2 others
Its good to hear that you and Joe are recovering. Its sad about Joe's car, maybe one day he will have another, the important thing is that you both ok. :) x

Reactions: rhubarb4
So what are you gonna do Jo about your next Whip?
I have ideas Bill, but they are just in the thoughts process. I need to get my car back home first to see what can be salvaged? If the shell has somehow managed to stay straight, which I doubt very much, given the speed and impact force, then she might live again... Will have to wait and see.

Reactions: kwistof, Clart and Vex182
:idea: When the time is right to make your decision you will know.
I am glad that you are alright.:)

I have ideas Bill, but they are just in the thoughts process. I need to get my car back home first to see what can be salvaged? If the shell has somehow managed to stay straight, which I doubt very much, given the speed and impact force, then she might live again... Will have to wait and see.
Hope she does Bruv!

****** hell lads! As others have said, the car is just metal at the end of the day (Though much loved metal), at least you are both in the main ok.

Here's hoping she is still straight, would be ace to see it "live to fight another day".

Reactions: rhubarb4
good work!!

The 8P was stage2 I think, I was keeping up with it, but as he got more confident, he started to pull away slowly.

just so everyone knows jojo was driving well. i was watching at the same point and he was going quicker than most in his group.
a stage 2 s3 should destroy him and it simply didnt
glad your spirits are high.
gotta enjoy life pointless not doing things you love in fear.
i vote for a jojo donation page lol

The yellow S3 you were chasing was me. It's stage 2 with stock brakes/suspension and 3mm tread tyres, so I was taking it easy to begin with.
Never driven Castle Combe before so first session was a learning curve finding the lines and seeing how my brakes and tyres held up.
After a few laps I was more confident in the car and the circuit so started to brake later, and push the corners harder, turned off ESP in session 2.

Thoroughly enjoyed both sessions, even if session 2 was with a load of S4's.
Both sessions no one passed me so must have been doing alright.

Sorry to hear about your car Jojo, at least you're OK.

Reactions: Mrharris2 and jojo