jetex exhausts

I

imported_kris_tdi

anyone had any experience with jetex systems?
can get a cat back in stainless for £330

I fitted one to my VW Corrado a few years back, and wasn't that impressed. Just didn't seem to line up properly, and would knock quite often. VW fitted very good exhaust mountings, but I had to remove all of these and use some poor ones that came with the exhaust. These then had to be modified to fit the exhaust. Also, the rubber hangers are just to soft, and had one break after a few months, fortunately there was a spare one. Based on my experience I wouldn't ever buy another Jetex exhaust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would just get a custom.

Cost about the same if not less than aftermarket systems.

Then you know the fit is going to be tip-top.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goner have to tell me where as I have been getting quotes for a straight forward system of over £750 cat back and more for turbo back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

looked at super sprint, but they are very expensive in comparison to the jetex one, for my model its nearly £300 just for the back box.

as for custom, i had one on my old car and it was rubbish, couple of my mates have had them 2 and they were both poorly made.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goner have to tell me where as I have been getting quotes for a straight forward system of over £750 cat back and more for turbo back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh i supplied a backbox and got a downpipe back system for £160.

My A4s both have standard systems but I've experience of Jetex on Golf GTIs; I reckon I must have had Jetex fitted to four or five of them over the years.
I never had a problem fitting them though I needed to make adjustments a couple of times when I didn't get it 100% right the first time.
Quality was always good and I only once had to replace a rubber hanger - found out why when I cut my hand on the bracket!
I haven't looked at A4 exhausts as neither of mine need replacing yet; both on TDIs, one 9 years old and with 184,000 miles - don't they ever wear out??

Dont think they do, dont know about the 1.9 but the one on my 2.5 tdi is stainless from the factory.

we have fitted several Jetex systems at our workshop and the quality is always good, the fit excellent.

All come with warrenties, and there is a good choice of materials and tail pipes.

Andy
GDI

[ QUOTE ]
Dont think they do, dont know about the 1.9 but the one on my 2.5 tdi is stainless from the factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it is stainless.