I've ordered my S3 Sportback!

Haha! if you look closely in post #1 its there as "Extended interior elements mono.pur", so since my first configuration i've been a mono.pur w*nker :lmfao:

How close to your build week are you to get code 20 or is this related to something else ?

Cheers.

normally its 4 weeks from your build week, in my case I think christmas has affected it (the factory closes for 2 weeks over christmas) hence I got locked down 6 weeks prior to my build week. My dealer sent me an image of the order and I can see its code 20.

Last edited:
Nice one - thank you :beerchug:. I'm BW 7 (verbally) and still toying with the 10 spoke wheels but pretty much settled on the other bits now. Going in on Saturday to do the paperwork. Looks like you'll be good to go for March 1st.

Haha! if you look closely in post #1 its there as "Extended interior elements mono.pur", so since my first configuration i've been a mono.pur w*nker :lmfao:

...and I checked twice before posting. Only now that you've pointed it out have I spotted it.

This is proof that mono.pur is hard to notice:lmfao:

Reactions: elpaulio and Bristle Hound
How the heck do people keep saying they got discount? The tight ***** at my local Audi wouldn't budge on the price and are giving me a crappy price for my car -_-

I'm not giving up on getting a better price for my car though.

I guess I would've looked around but the other nearest Audi garage is 20 miles away, which is also Vindis... so theres not much point, and I'm not traveling because I had a bad experience when I got a Focus from Ford in Birmingham, as soon as I had a problem I had to travel to take it back then get someone to pick me up and drive me home. What a joke it was.

drivethedeal, orangewheels, carwow.

using those sites people have got up to around 12% discount and from my understanding it doesn't matter which dealership you bought the car from, you can take it to any dealership to get sorted (this may be incorrect though)

drivethedeal, orangewheels, carwow.

using those sites people have got up to around 12% discount and from my understanding it doesn't matter which dealership you bought the car from, you can take it to any dealership to get sorted (this may be incorrect though)

I've just tried carwow, if theres much of a difference in price then i'll tell them. My car has been built though and is on it's way, so might be too late.

I've just tried carwow, if theres much of a difference in price then i'll tell them. My car has been built though and is on it's way, so might be too late.

Not a penny off? The norm is at least 10% off unless there making it up on your part-x. Probably too late now but push for freebies when you collect, a free service and a better price for your car.

Not a penny off? The norm is at least 10% off unless there making it up on your part-x. Probably too late now but push for freebies when you collect, a free service and a better price for your car.

Nope. I was originally doing finance, but i've changed to cash and they told me there is no discount for paying cash or whatever. The garage seems to be a bit of a stealer.

Im just trying for a better price on the car, i'll see how much they bump it up to on the day. I've got in my favour that i've done purposely as low mileage in it as possible, i've only done 300 miles since October so they best be wanting to reward me for that, as we agree'd that I won't drive it at all and see what they want to value it at then, but i've had my car valued elsewhere and they all say the same thing, £4,500 absolute top end so I can't see much joy. If I can't get anything out of them then i'll ask to work something out, free servicing or something.

Nope. I was originally doing finance, but i've changed to cash and they told me there is no discount for paying cash or whatever. The garage seems to be a bit of a stealer.

Ouch!
a bit of a stealer?....THEY ARE A STEALER!

Ask them to chuck in the mono.pur for free ;)

Ouch!
a bit of a stealer?....THEY ARE A STEALER!

Ask them to chuck in the mono.pur for free ;)

I've had a word with my old man, and I think i've worked out a plan of action.

Before that though, I got something come through from carwow - Audi Milton Keynes would knock 1,101 pounds off my car, making it 26,480. I'm a bit ******, but my dad mentioned then that it's 15 miles away and not down the road, plus they might offer lower for my car but I counteracted that with SEAT would give me 4,500 for the car so I could just sell it to them. I also have the problem of canceling the car that has already been built and is due for delivery in 4 weeks, so I don't really want to do it, I'll just take it as lesson learned for the future.

Right the plan:

I'm going to remind her as we go out to the car that 4,500 is not where I want to be at, so if (she will) comes back to me and says £4,500 is the best we can do, I will suggest 2 years free servicing + the iPhone connector for the MMI.

How does that sound? Or do you think I should push more out of it, or more for the car?

iPhone ami cable is free! It's slightly overrated depending on how you listen to music really + much cheaper on Amazon

Thought I better update my thread.

I got an email early yesterday morning from my dealer letting me know that my car was with them, which shocked me as this was sooner than I had been advised. I was due to go into the dealership that day to get some old paperwork sorted and I couldn't help but take a cheeky look and a cheeky photo.

IMG_0364_zpsc643ca79.jpg

Collection has been booked for early on the 2nd March. My current car has been sold and is being picked up on the 3rd March by the local resident forum parts provider for corollas.

And the S3 is booked into the detailers for 5th, 6th and maybe more days, it all depends on how long it will take to do a full detail and to cover the car in various gtechniq bits. C5 over the entire wheel (wheel off to odo it), G1 to all windows, L1 over all leather, I1 over all fabrics, as well as Crystal Serum + Exo being applied to the paint work.

I'll do my best to get as many photos as I can during collection and over the two days that its in my possession before it goes to the detailers

Reactions: Rob2k68
Looks fantastic! Makes me wonder if I should have gone for the black styling pack and LED headlights also :)

Such a sad day yesterday....

My first car a Toyota Corolla TSport, which has given me hell since day 1 of ownership, sticking brakes calipers, 100% worn disks and pads, worn hand brake pads and stretched cable, leaking shock absorbers, blown exhaust, worn clutch & flywheel. The office saw so many packages coming full of car parts they thought I was actually building a car! Well, it was taken away last night, the resident corolla forum breaker came, walked me through dismantler part of the V5 document, handed me a wad of cash and drove off. The process was less than 5 mins in total and was the second corolla he had picked up that evening.

I was sad to see it go, although its been a love hate relationship, I've learnt a lot thanks to that car. I knew nothing about cars when I bought it which explains how I bought a lemon of a car, but thanks to it being such a lemon I was thrown into the deepend and had to learn how to fix the majority of issues that cropped up (my thanks to youtube!).
It also sparked my love for cars, previously I had been driving an ex girlfriends ford ka which is a very boring car which struggles with slight uphill gradients, driving wasn't fun in that car, it was a chore. Having a car the responded with such eagerness with a slight tap of the accellerator was brilliant even more so when you hit vtec and got that ever so slight jolt when the unicorn farts kicked in.

Well last night I mourned the end of my relationship with unicorn farts, but its not all bad as in 2 days I'll be starting my new relationship with snail power! :kissmyrings::jump:

I told the girlfriend that the car was gone... her response was "Yay I get to park my car over both your parking spaces and ohhh! SHOPPING!!!"
If shopping is on the cards, this will be the worse weekend ever! :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, lucas-suisse and Pulp84
I went for my second test drive today armed with various quotes from brokers and other Audi dealers. The test drive was fantastic, i tried to get the chap to show me launch control… he failed!

Although Bristol Audi couldn’t match the lowest quote i had, they got extremely close. So as they are my local dealer i completed my order and finance agreement for a new Audi S3 5 Door Sportback! I left the dealership rather indifferent, it hasn’t sunk in yet that i’ve bought this amazing vehicle, it’s due April 2015 so that doesn’t help! Apparently all good things come to those that wait…!

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks contacting brokers and audi dealers as well as contacting people i know who are in the business trying to get the lowest price possible, i ended up getting 4.5k off, which worked out around 10% i think.

My spec so i am told is extensive:

Car:
  • Audi S3 5Door Sportback TFSI quattro S-tronic
  • Panther Black (currently)
Options:
  • Bang + Olufsen sound system
  • Electric adjustable heated foldable/dimming door mirrors
  • Fine nappa leather - Black + Super sports seats
  • Hill hold assist
  • LED Headlights
  • Light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Panoramic glass sunroof
  • Pre sense basic
  • Rear side airbags
  • Reversing Camera
  • Advanced key
  • Audi magnetic ride
  • Black styling pack
  • Driver assistance pack
  • Extended interior elements mono.pur
  • High beam assistant
  • Interior light pack
  • Non smoking pack
  • Privacy glass
  • Reversible boot mat
  • Technology Pack with Phone Prep high
Audi Code: ACB41N4N

Build week had yet to be defined as only placed the order today! I’ve been told every 3 weeks i will be updated, we will see!

I’m sure i’ll be asking many questions between now and when the car arrives and i can’t promise that they won’t be stupid questions! But i now join the many here who are eagerly waiting their new car!
You missed roof rails