Its not new or clever but I tried wrapping my interior trim

matttrs

Reaction score
quite pleased how it came out.

getting the trim out is quite a puzzle! but theres guides around here, the wrapping was fairly easy, just make sure its clean.
I know its nothing special, but my wheels are ready after 9 months so looking forward to getting these on soon.
IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

:cold:

that looks nice, do you intend on doing more? like around the gear knob/ash tray etc?

looks good mate i like the carbon look

cheers, I dont think i'll do more, I like the rubber around the ash tray, and I dont want to overkill it. I think it would be quite easy to do there though. I did my mirrors but started off ok, its now bubbled and creased over a few months, so i'm taking that off.

Looks like a carbon (pardon the pun) copy of mine.i did around the gear knob and gear stick also i think it looks fine.I didn't bother taking the long piece on the dash out i did it in situ.

dsc04118z.jpg

30082010463.jpg

30082010459.jpg

Nice mate - well done!

Where did you buy the film/wrap from?

Shane - looks great mate, I like the gear knob bit too. I 'll have a think!

Chris its off ebay I got 40x120 for £20 posted, as long as its the 3m carbon sheet then it'll be the good stuff.

Nice work guys! I'm going to do mine in brushed aluminium film one of these days, and just do the gearstick surround in CF I think.

Ooo I like this alot. May have to think about doin this to mine. Is it easy to do it on the car

Its easy to do on the car if you have a good hand/eye,im quite good at that kind of blue peter stuff lol just make sure you have a good sharp scalpel.I only did the dash pieces on the car and the ash tray cover,I removed the door peices and the gear knob surround ( i then removed the leather and chrome from the base.

Like hanging wall paper just make sure you have the pattern gonig the same way on all the trim pieces including the doors.

Don't forgert the rear ashtray cover too to finish the job.

Has anybody used the silver carbonfibre 3m vinyl? Wondering what that looks like on the inside trim. Also, how much of that vinyl do I need to buy to wrap all the trims + the surround of the gear knob + the ashtray front+back?

that looks really great and really well done, i always considered doing this on my last car, might have a go on this one in the future :)

you could probably do all the trim with a 120x20 piece, but get 120x30 as you may well mess up one.
I used it on my ABT rear valance too, but thats not fitted yet.

oh and you need a heat gun, or you could borrow a hairdryer I guess

From my first trial a hairdryer is perfect. as long as the wife/girlfriend dont mind! lol