Is my dmf knackered

freezebox

Reaction score
On low revs (under 2000) when in motion but never at idle I hear a vibration noise, if i press the accelerator or press the clutch down it goes away. Is this a sign the DMF is on its way out?

Cheers.

This started after I had my cambelt and waterpumo changd if thats of any relevance?

Not necessarily. But if it happened immediately after having the belt & pump changed then I'd have it back to the garage that did the work..

Not necessarily. But if it happened immediately after having the belt & pump changed then I'd have it back to the garage that did the work..

Took it back after, they said they couldnt find anything, had it up on a ramp too and cant find anything?

I was going down a very steep hill today in 2nd gear engine braking, the noise was there, depressed clutch noise went, let off the clutch and its come back again.

If you're sure it started straight after having the work done, then I'd try and arrange for one of their mechanics to come out on a ride with you to let them hear this noise.

You can only hear a vibration noise? Can you feel any vibration/juddering through clutch pedal, especially at/around biting point?

Reactions: freezebox
If you're sure it started straight after having the work done, then I'd try and arrange for one of their mechanics to come out on a ride with you to let them hear this noise.

You can only hear a vibration noise? Can you feel any vibration/juddering through clutch pedal, especially at/around biting point?

Will do that but dont want to be fobbed off. Dont feel anything through the pedal and theres no juddering at biting point. Do you think it must be clutch/transmission related due to it going when the clutch is depressed?

Could well be, couldn't say for sure. When pressing the clutch you're obviously taking the drive away from the wheels, hence any load, so it could be many things. Process of elimination unfortunately.

Again, when you press the clutch the RPM will drop off, so try different gears at certain RPM. With clutch pressed, just rev engine to RPM at which it happens and see if the vibration is there.