iPod dock extension for use with iPhone

adam_may

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been done before or not but thought I would share.

I use my iPhone for music but didn't want to put it in the glove box so fitted an extension cable. Only downfall is that is doesn't charge it!

Genuine Apple, or just a cheapy lead?
And is this for an iphone 4? I have a 5, so i'm guessing i'd still have to use a genuine 4-5 adaptor on the end of this.

Reactions: Moffat
Thanks for the link Adam. Just before I purchase the cable using this setup am I right in thinking you can play music through apps on your iPhone 5 such as soundcloud and spotify?

Thanks for the link Adam. Just before I purchase the cable using this setup am I right in thinking you can play music through apps on your iPhone 5 such as soundcloud and spotify?

Yeah I play my music through the deezer app!

I've got the audi symphony stereo Adam. Am I right in thinking I click on cd twice to activate the iPod Dock thingy?

Cheers

I've got the audi symphony stereo Adam. Am I right in thinking I click on cd twice to activate the iPod Dock thingy?

Cheers

I'm not sure sorry I have the sat nav unit and have never used the symphony. Holding the cd button or pressing it twice could work though lol

I'm not sure sorry I have the sat nav unit and have never used the symphony. Holding the cd button or pressing it twice could work though lol

Just received everything including the extension cable and the official lightening adapter plugged it all in and nothing comes up click on cd twice but no sound?

Just received everything including the extension cable and the official lightening adapter plugged it all in and nothing comes up click on cd twice but no sound?
What headunit are u using? Did u use the iPod Dock before?

It's the audi symphony with the in built 6 cd changer and tape player.