Ipod connection help!!!

Muppet010109

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

I'm really hoping someone can help me out coz I've searched and searched and can't find the help I need.

I have a a3 sportback on a 57 plate and inside the glove box is an ipod cable (see image) however when I plug in my ipod (see image) nothing happens... Like... At all

I've stripped away the glove box and found the ipod adaptor box (see image) and followed the leads into the back of the head unit.. All seems to be connected.

What am I missing?

Am I using the Wrong ipod? Or is there some kind of secret button sequence that you need to know to get it too work.
I've tried pressing cd twice and all that happens is an error "bong" noise and lights up "no cd" (ive taken cd out otherwise it just loads the cd) any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
DSC 0297
DSC 0296
DSC 0299
DSC 0298
DSC 0297
DSC 0296
DSC 0299
DSC 0298

Does that ipod take the 30 pin or are you using a lightening adapter?

If you are that is the problem. A lot of the time they are only good for charging, they don’t have the connections for sound.

Does that ipod take the 30 pin or are you using a lightening adapter?

If you are that is the problem. A lot of the time they are only good for charging, they don’t have the connections for sound.

The connection you see in the photo plugs straight into the ipod... I think that is the lightning cable. I have an adapter for it to change it to the 30 pin but then it won't fit my ipod. Do you think my ipod is out of date to run? Would I need a newer one?

Have you had it scanned to see if it throws up any faults , plus has it been coded correctly

Have you had it scanned to see if it throws up any faults , plus has it been coded correctly

It has been scanned before for another issue, but no codes came up to do with the radio or anything in fact but what it was scanned for.

When you say coded.. What do you mean? Do you have to have the ipod coded to the radio?

Do a search on here. I’m sure I’ve read of adapters only working with certain generation iPods and they need coding to work with others.

Do a search on here. I’m sure I’ve read of adapters only working with certain generation iPods and they need coding to work with others.

Ah right. I wonder if I've just got an out dated ipod. Thing is, I don't know which one I would need. Im gunna have see if I can find any info on it

It has been scanned before for another issue, but no codes came up to do with the radio or anything in fact but what it was scanned for.

When you say coded.. What do you mean? Do you have to have the ipod coded to the radio?
Check the coding to see if the iPod has been included , which I think comes under AMI , look at bottom off module #4

Attachments

• IMG_20190102_125547-1920x1440.jpg
    IMG_20190102_125547-1920x1440.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 97
Check the coding to see if the iPod has been included , which I think comes under AMI , look at bottom off module #4

Ah.. Brilliant nice one pal. I'll plug it back in and have a look when I get a spare minute

I'll let you know how I get on

Ah.. Brilliant nice one pal. I'll plug it back in and have a look when I get a spare minute

Even tho Ur head unit is different from mine I would think within the module it should look the same , as I have an RNS_E in mine

Even tho Ur head unit is different from mine I would think within the module it should look the same , as I have an RNS_E in mine

Hi mate, quick update.
Plugged it back in and checked the coding... It was saying "cd changer" and that it's. So we changed the code and it accepted it. Now when I press cd twice it comes up with "ext source" but still won't find the ipod. I'm thinking I may be on the right lines now but wondering if it's an outdated ipod possibly.

Attachments

• DSC_0300.JPG
    DSC_0300.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
I am thinking it will be the iPod , if I mind I think it's got to be the Shuffle 2gb or less don' but quote me ,
Try the iPod via a 3.5 JAC if you have an build in Aux in the center console cause it is looking for the iPod as it's saying external source . Plug away you'll get there

Its an iPod 4 gen touch - so brand new.

I needed to insert a little widget into the case holding area, so it held the ipod in place properly.

Then clicked cd twice - with no cd in the drive

then click cd again - and as describe, 1-5 are my play lists, and 6 are all songs.

Not great however, no info text on the display, you cant scroll through albums etc

Thanks for the help!

I am thinking it will be the iPod , if I mind I think it's got to be the Shuffle 2gb or less don' but quote me ,
Try the iPod via a 3.5 JAC if you have an build in Aux in the center console cause it is looking for the iPod as it's saying external source . Plug away you'll get there

Cheers bro