Facelift ios11 and CarPlay

AL_B

Reaction score
Anyone upgraded to iOS11 yet and tried CarPlay?

I've seen YouTube stuff about the changes to CarPlay, but just wondered if anyone has tried it yet or if there have been any other subtle improvements.

AL

I upgraded yesterday and tried it, but I haven't noticed any significant improvements yet, saying that I only tested on the way home from work so never had long enough to do a proper test.

Reactions: AL_B
At least it still works! :)

Be nice if Audi would actually add wireless CarPlay via an update - don't see why that can't be done as the cars have Wifi connectivity already.

Reactions: haughtss3 and AL_B
I upgraded to iOS 11 yesterday. Car play still works but seems the same to me.

I've upgraded to iOS11. Not Carplay related but one thing i have noticed (mine's a B9 A4) is that contact photos now show in the MMI. They would previously only work with my old Android phone, not the iPhone.

Reactions: Ormesome and AL_B
I've upgraded to iOS11. Not Carplay related but one thing i have noticed (mine's a B9 A4) is that contact photos now show in the MMI. They would previously only work with my old Android phone, not the iPhone.

Yeah this works with the PFL too, nice little addition. Anyone noticed any other little tweeks?

I've noticed since updating to iOS11 that Bluetooth connection seems more temperamental now with lagging when changing tracks occasionally and the MMI getting stuck at 0:00 on the track timing. I'm in a 65 plate PFL.

Other than that, the contact photos are definitely a nice little addition.

Well, i finally took the plunge and updated my iphone 6s to ios 11.0.1. Seems ok performance wise.
Tried CarPlay this morning and I like subtle changes to Apple Maps - 3D perspectivce seems more "3D" now and you sometimes see an horizon like you do in the built-in Audi navigation map.

But there is one small problem I have noticed. When in Apple Maps and using either Guidance or ETA (detail view), no matter how much I turned the MMI knob, the focus only switches between the navigation controls on the screen, and never goes across to the shortcut side menu. So i was unable to scroll across to select Music or Telephone for example. I cant remember if this was the same on IOS 10 or not.

Not tried Siri or the Do Not Disturb while driving feature.

Can anyone check they experience the same as me with CarPlay Apple Maps Guidance/ETA mode, detailed view? i.e. The problem being: once you are in that maps/navigation mode, you cannot "tab out" to the shortcut side menu.

Had another glitch this morning, Apple Maps on the MMI screen was not displaying traffic info, but when I looked at my iPhone, the little red lines of traffic was being displayed as normal. Worse still, even the built-in Audi Navigation was stuck on TMCpro and not ONLINE.

Audi/Apple need to iron out these software glitches.

AL

Haven’t noticed that glitch but will have a look tonight.

Apple Music seems to be struggling with the MMI displaying the song, and occasionally gets stuck on displaying a song title when you’ve moved on past it. A quick unplug and replug resets it, but not something I’m keen on doing whilst driving