Interior Ambeint red lights? Not much glow?

Mikey

Reaction score
Anyone here who has the interior ambeint lights (the red leds that glow from the headliner down to the gear gaitor) noticed the lack of glow they give off? Ive retro fitted one today to my A3 and I have just gone out to test it now its dark and it really does not give off that much glow on the gear knob area. I wasnt expecting it to be full on blinding but I was expecting a bit more than what it does now! Anyone else's the same?

The glow is definitley noticable in ours, though not glaring bright...quite subtle in fact. Worth noting that, IIRC, it does dim up and down with the dash lighting, so if you've turned that right down it won't be as noticable

HTH

Peter

just checked the dim up/down and it was on its brightest setting. Thanks anyway.

i used to have my instrument lighting at the lowest level and could never notice the glow, however a few weeks back I raised the level slightly and now get a nice red glow over the whole gear lever area.

Anyone here who has the interior ambeint lights (the red leds that glow from the headliner down to the gear gaitor) noticed the lack of glow they give off? Ive retro fitted one today to my A3 and I have just gone out to test it now its dark and it really does not give off that much glow on the gear knob area. I wasnt expecting it to be full on blinding but I was expecting a bit more than what it does now! Anyone else's the same?

I have it on my A3, it includes the door handles on my car,
Try putting your hand in to break the light and you will see how bright it is, any brighter and it may distract on long journeys??

Rgds Tom

hmmm, well ive just had another look and it appears one of the red lights sits ever so slighty more back rather than central. The other red light sits perfect in the center. Might have to take it all off and re-align it. Another note, just been poking around in my dads BMW which has the same feature and his light output is roughly the same as mine.

The one in the door pull alway seem a bit too dim too, barely noticeable really

Ooh, I've got those red LED's that shine down to the gear lever area.
I didn't have to pay for them, they were just there.
I like them, but I wouldn't pay more than around £100 for them as an option.

Not sure on the A3 as I dont have them but in the MK5 Golf I thought the level of illumination was just right and I imagine they are probably the same ones.

Ooh, I've got those red LED's that shine down to the gear lever area.
I didn't have to pay for them, they were just there.
I like them, but I wouldn't pay more than around £100 for them as an option.

Lucky for you they were there; IIRC the Interior Light Pack on our A3 and A4 was £145!!

Peter