Facelift Insurance

Davidv0695

Reaction score
I know insurance has so many contributing factors and is different for each of us, but who is everybody insured with and roughly how much do you pay?

I am so close to placing my order but Insurance seems to be the last hurdle.

As a but of background I am 22 and my best quote so far is £4k (£2.7k if I want a black box) and the affiliate ASN insurers don't want to touch me (CK - No quote as I'm under 30, AF - £8k)

As a comparison I have had my S1 for nearly 3 years and Have been paying between £700 - £1000 for each of those years. I appreciate the RS3 is a massive step up but i can't justify 5-6x the cost of my current car. Any ideas of other insurers I could try?

22! Shouldn't you be burning around in a souped up Corsa ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

22 wow someone is doing well for themselves :respekt:
Shouldn't you be spending your money on sex, drugs & rock n roll :rockwoot:lol

I'm 22 and own an S3 FL which cost me 1300 to insure fully comp with my partner on insurance if that's anything to go by

Early 30's, 10Yrs NCD and £450 per year. Esure.

22 wow someone is doing well for themselves :respekt:
Shouldn't you be spending your money on sex, drugs & rock n roll :rockwoot:lol

Yeah not doing too badly, badly trying to save for a house deposit but feel I need a new toy after 3 years with the S1.

Reactions: LuckyLee
So Jealous.
If it's any consolation, I was paying £1600 per year for a Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup when I was 19. Bear in mind that was many years ago, probably equivalent to £2500 now. Stick with it, be sensible and it will get better.

I know insurance has so many contributing factors and is different for each of us, but who is everybody insured with and roughly how much do you pay?

I am so close to placing my order but Insurance seems to be the last hurdle.

As a but of background I am 22 and my best quote so far is £4k (£2.7k if I want a black box) and the affiliate ASN insurers don't want to touch me (CK - No quote as I'm under 30, AF - £8k)

As a comparison I have had my S1 for nearly 3 years and Have been paying between £700 - £1000 for each of those years. I appreciate the RS3 is a massive step up but i can't justify 5-6x the cost of my current car. Any ideas of other insurers I could try?
Hi,
Sorry we couldn't help out with your insurance but thanks for giving us a try. Hope you manage to find an acceptable premium.
Regards,
Dan.

If you can add a second driver (Dad or older friend, with a longer driving history - even if they never drive your car) l have found that has dropped my insurance cost previously.

Well I've been playing about with insurance and 2 days ago I had an RS3 quote for £2800 on the RS3 with Multi Car Discount. Today I had a quote of £1000!!! Madness, but I hope this madness sticks.

If you can add a second driver (Dad or older friend, with a longer driving history - even if they never drive your car) l have found that has dropped my insurance cost previously.

Sadly £4k is including both my parents

Well I've been playing about with insurance and 2 days ago I had an RS3 quote for £2800 on the RS3 with Multi Car Discount. Today I had a quote of £1000!!! Madness, but I hope this madness sticks.

Wow that's some drop, can I ask who gave you the £1000 quote?

So far on the compare site found cheapest insurance for £334 with LV and Admiral for £384 (BTW am 51 with over 13 years NCD before you ask)