Insurance renewal time, looking to change companies.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well it's that renewal time again, had my LV renewal drop through the letterbox yesterday , whilst it hasn't increased a penny , it hasn't decreased either , so maybe time to go with another provider.
So, what is the real deal then , what options does one really need with a policy, and any companies to steer well clear of.
I rarely change companies as they have allways been quite flexible but that's not the case now, my premium renewal is £360 fully comp, but confused .com have a whole raft of comparable quotes starting from £230.00
and i'm not really sure which quotes I should ignore and what options are really worth having or will actually be used.

any help in this minefield would be great.

rob

Headline bits of advice:

Don't use a company you've never heard of.
Don't use a company based offshore (less or no protection).
Make sure you're comparing like with like on things like excess (compulsory and voluntary levels) and replacement parts, plus other cover levels - some pare down the cover to get the lowest price.
Sometimes it pays to use a company you know will deliver good service even if it's not the lowest price.

We'd be happy to offer an alternative quote if you like, Rob. And because we offer quotes over the phone you'll get a feel from us about the service as well as be able to discuss any concerns you have about the cover you need.

Best,
Nick

Hi Rob, as Nick said make sure you are comparing like for like on cover and don't be afraid to pay a little bit more if it means you end up with an insurer/broker you know will be able to provide a good service, rather than one you've never heard of. If you wanted to drop me a PM I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan