Installed - Proclip phone mount

kmf

Reaction score
Hello,

Installed this a few days ago from proclip and it was a perfect fit (very stable), clipped right in between the two plastic pieces. I also added a magentic phone dock, so I can easily attach/remove/position my phone. Its quite un-obtrusive, and puts your phone in a great spot for using nav/music.

Proclip dock

Reactions: MA3RC
Looks good, I had one in my Fiesta. Are there different brackets available? I remember on my Fiesta there were 3 different ones so that you could hook it up in various places on the dash

The Brodit ProClip for the A3 fits between the switch panel and the pop-up screen surround. I bought one to possibly mount a large TomTom but decided to stick with the smaller one mount at the drivers end of the windscreen.

They actually have two models for the S3:

854805 4
854804 4

I found the second one too obtrusive - so I went with the side mount one, which looks somewhat oem.

They actually have two models for the S3:

View attachment 54106 View attachment 54107

I found the second one too obtrusive - so I went with the side mount one, which looks somewhat oem.

I've just fitted the side mounted version for my TomTom Go 820 Live. It clips on perfectly and is very stable. Brodie pro clip and mount for TomTom only £38...and no trailing wires as it's next to the 12v socket. I'll post some pics later tonight!

Big problem with that..............

Steering wheels on the wrong side.

Big problem with that..............

Steering wheels on the wrong side.

They also make the same mount for RHD cars as well - which is side is the correct side is a discussion for another day! :D

No his is on the right side, it is our's that are on the wrong side!

I have always wondered, is it easy to drive a 6-speed when switching from RHD to LHD cars? I find it very awkward shifting with my left hand in RHD cars.

I am currently living out in Germany and have been regularly hiring various LHD cars whilst waiting for my A3 to arrive. I have found it incredibly easy to switch to LHD and after a few accidental pulls of the window switch, it now feels completely natural to switch gears using my right hand. Clearly this probably only applies if you are right handed!

is it less confortable to stick in 1st and 2nd gear with RHD cars? I think it has to feel a bit to far for my taste. Like in city you're always putting the gear that is further to the driver side

I hope you guys get what im trying to say.

IMG_1238_zpsqpb9yf7u.jpg
IMG_1240_zpsoc5iswvs.jpg
Here is the Brodit pro clip installed on my A3. I use it for my TomTom. You can get various brackets to fit most mobiles...although I keep mine under the armrest and charge it via the MMI connection!

is it less confortable to stick in 1st and 2nd gear with RHD cars? I think it has to feel a bit to far for my taste. Like in city you're always putting the gear that is further to the driver side

I hope you guys get what im trying to say.

It makes no difference to me, but then I am driving an s-tronic. Personally I much prefer to drive my own car on the continent than hire a LHD car.

I have always wondered, is it easy to drive a 6-speed when switching from RHD to LHD cars? I find it very awkward shifting with my left hand in RHD cars.

Having used my left hand to change gears, since i was old enough to get into a car (old enough to have driven column shift manuals as well) its completely natural, and have never had a problem when driving LHD cars, because I am right handed... ....that's the easy part,..... actually driving on the wrong side of road, is another matter, given how infrequently I have done it....