Injector advice please.

ayfreetee

Reaction score
when sonic cleaning my injectors recently, I found that my car is fitted with what I can make out are 42lb green injectors and spacers, I have a record of the car being stage one remapped by revo a few years ago, but there is nothing in the records about the injectors being changed, my concern is that if it hasn't been mapped to match the injectors, the ecu will be struggling to reduce the fuelling to suite the map, the car runs really well, but I don't want to put any unnecessary strain on any other components, also my peak boost is only 15.5psi, I believe it should be 20psi on stage one, could this be related? Also would any of you guys have a set of standard BAM injectors going spare? The car is a 2002 S3 by the way.

Bump, has anyone got an answer to my concerns please.

I don't know if this will help you but when I was running a Revo stage 1 map the tuner said there was 9 settings for boost, fueling and timing, they started mine at 1.7 bar which I then had to ask them to reduce to 1.5 bar after I could hear what sounded like compressor stall so there is some adjustment there but any changes in injector size and it will need mapping in. Have you checked the part numbers on your injectors to see what size they are? It might be a bad idea to swap the injectors for a different size without knowing what it was mapped to use.

I'm hoping someone will come along and give you some better info that what I can offer as this may change your decission on whether you want to change the injectors or not.

Steve

Injectors would have to be scaled in. That sort of stuff @Tuffty knows more about tbh. I'd revert back to standard injectors to bring the fueling back in. You done any logs?

I don't have the software to do any logs I'm afraid, when I removed the injectors there was no markings on them, but they do look exactly the same as 42lb Bosch ones.