In the market for wheels.....

can do, pm me your email..... and excuse mine :laugh:

Have you got a daft email address? lol. i'm looking forward to seeing pics of the RC's, i've always liked them.

******....... picked wheels up today instead.... does anyone know how easy it is to do your own refurbs? im guessing paying will cost £50 a corner....

1 has blistering on front of spokes, another two have slight blistering of the edges and the fourth one has a dirty inside rim which i think i can sort.... gutted isnt the word but by the time i got down there and what it cost in fuel etc, if id have walked away it would have cost me about the same IF i managed to find some pristine ones....

I refurbed some TSW Pace i had on my old 306, was real easy with some fine wet and dry, paint and lacquer and some patience.
I was quoted £100 a corner to have my 17" avus refurbed in gun metal grey, as soon as i have the time i'm going to do them myself, i think it'd be easier with a spare avus so i can do maybe one wheel a day and make sure i get a good finish.
I'd try it yourself mate, nothing ventured nothing gained.

******....... picked wheels up today instead.... does anyone know how easy it is to do your own refurbs? im guessing paying will cost £50 a corner....

1 has blistering on front of spokes, another two have slight blistering of the edges and the fourth one has a dirty inside rim which i think i can sort.... gutted isnt the word but by the time i got down there and what it cost in fuel etc, if id have walked away it would have cost me about the same IF i managed to find some pristine ones....

Gutted for you mate, Thats the prob with ebay. i think i'm gonna try and do mine my self but need a spare wheel so i can do one at a time as said before. Its worth a try. Think i fancy mine gun metal grey.

If I were you I would pay and get them done professionally, if you can't afford it now hang on. I don't know how good you are with a rattle can etc but I once tried to do my own and by the time i'd bought everything I needed and done 1 wheel I was fed up and had wasted money also.

I had my 18" RS4's done when I bought my S3, they looked good from a distance but rough close up. I live in Sheffield and can recommend a firm called Metal Magic in Barnsley.

Paid £200 for all 4 doing that was for drive in drive out same day service, they have a 4 poster ramp so they can remove all 4 wheels in one go, remove/refit/balance tyres etc. This was the only option for me as I don't have a spare set of wheels.

The wheels look like new when done, they shot blast, then powder coat and lacquer them, in any colour you want, or just the original Audi silver.

Thats good going. not far from me either. i will give them a ring.

motormouth your a legend mate, im in sheff too if ya hadnt noticed so ideally the recommendation i was looking for, didnt think i could get them shot and painted at that price.... added benefit i have is that i now have 5 spare avus :beerchug:

heard about metal magic before but there are various review of the paint bubbling in under a years time. Best person Ive heard of is a guy at junction 39 M1. Used him years back and the finish was spot on. Gonna have to find his name and number again as I need a couple of wheels doing :(

The finish is spot on there I can guarantee it, animal you are more than welcome to come and see mine (been done about one and a half years).

You are correct though I think they did have some problems with a product they used, my mum had 2 of her A2 alloys done there about 2 years ago, she took it for the other 2 doing about six weeks back and left the car as she has no spare wheels. When she collected it they had done all 4 (2 free) as they checked the other 2 and they had started to bubble.

I also took my new tyres there for fitting a few months back as there more careful than local tyre fitters and they checked mine for bubbling (they were fine) so i'm sure they would sort out any problems such as bubbling.

ok good to hear, I do know other people who have used them but they no longer have the cars so nothing to compare with. Do they straighten wheels also ????