How To: Remove rear door card

Rhyso

Reaction score
I retrofitted puddle and warning lights to the rear door cards and found that there was very little info on the net about how to remove the rear door cards so I took some pics which I hope everyone will find useful :)

All you need is a Torx 20 bit, a flat blade or trim removal tool and some brute force!!

Top tip is to wind the window down to give you easier access when removing the door card

First you need to remove the aluminium (or whatever colour) trim by the door handle using the flat blade to reveal the two hidden screws

Back of removed trim so you can see the clips

Then undo the screw below the door handle

Next is to get the flat blade at the bottom and start levering towards you. Once you can get your hands in simppy work your way around to the top. Don't be afraid to use a bit of brute force

Pic of the back of the door card showing the various clips

Then pull the door car up and start unclipping the plugs and door handle

Top is the speaker cable

Unclip the Yellow clip for the door handle cable

Finally undo the connector that goes into the door control module at the bottom (bottom of the pic)

Fitting is reversal of removal!! Clip the plugs and door handle cable back in

Then lift the door card back onto the lip at the top; having the window down as far is goes makes this step a little easier!

Put the screws in

Tap the clips back into place

Job done

Hope this helps :)
Rhys

Reactions: L111 FAD, TheStigOnline, GavG and 2 others
Thanks Rhys. I Wil make this a sticky.

Reactions: Rhyso
I retrofitted puddle and warning lights to the rear door cards and found that there was very little info on the net about how to remove the rear door cards so I took some pics which I hope everyone will find useful :)

All you need is a Torx 20 bit, a flat blade or trim removal tool and some brute force!!

Top tip is to wind the window down to give you easier access when removing the door card

First you need to remove the aluminium (or whatever colour) trim by the door handle using the flat blade to reveal the two hidden screws

Back of removed trim so you can see the clips

Then undo the screw below the door handle

Next is to get the flat blade at the bottom and start levering towards you. Once you can get your hands in simppy work your way around to the top. Don't be afraid to use a bit of brute force

Pic of the back of the door card showing the various clips

Then pull the door car up and start unclipping the plugs and door handle

Top is the speaker cable

Unclip the Yellow clip for the door handle cable

Finally undo the connector that goes into the door control module at the bottom (bottom of the pic)

Fitting is reversal of removal!! Clip the plugs and door handle cable back in

Then lift the door card back onto the lip at the top; having the window down as far is goes makes this step a little easier!

Put the screws in

Tap the clips back into place

Job done

Hope this helps :)
Rhys

hello there
can you share how and where did you connect the wire for puddle and worning light t have also audi a6 c7 4g without lights in the back doors
thanks buy the way nice topic

Reactions: Jakes2514
hello rhyso
i would like to have some info about how and where you connect the wires foe the for puddle and worning light

i read it already but i cant figure out where you connect the wires .i have foot light front and back puddle and warning front but not in the back

i read it already but i cant figure out where you connect the wires .i have foot light front and back puddle and warning front but not in the back

Do you have ready made looms or just wires??

The looms simply plug into the wiring loom that runs to the door module. If you have wires then I cannot help you as I bought looms that simply plug into the loom going to the door module

My warning lights in the front piggybacked off the bottom puddle lights

My puddle and warning lights in the rear doors used one loom which connected into the door module. It's the bottom on the module as per my last pic in the first post :)

i have this one

Attachments

• lights.pdf
    91.8 KB · Views: 425