How to add way points to sat nav ??

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted this in the A4 forum, but didn't get any replies. Hopefully someone can help me with this one on here ??

My 2015 A4 Allroad is the first car I've had with an embedded sat nav, and I was trying to fathom out (unsuccessfully) how to add waypoints to a route so that I can follow certain roads that I want to take to a destination, not a road that the sat nav thinks I should take.

I've never used sat nav before yet have have travelled thousands and thousands of miles round the UK and Europe just using maps. Last year I drove someone else's car round the scenic routes of north west Scotland using a Tom-Tom sat nav and it drove me crackers !! I would put in an end destination and it calculated a certain route for me, but it wasn't the route I wanted to take on the roads I wanted to drive on. It was forever telling me to turn round and get back on the road it thought I should have been on. I've never used one again since.

It would be good to get to grips with my Allroad's sat nav, so any help would be appreciated.

Graeme.

Not sure if the A4 sat nav is similar to the one in the A6, but if there is a menu option in the corner of the map, labelled "Tour", then it's all in that section.
Good luck.

Thanks for that, it does indeed have "tour".

Had a quick look at it, adding stop overs. Certainly not intuitive so will have to have a proper look when I've got a bit more time.

Cheers :grinning: