How much is your insurance??

Does anyone live in inner London (not within congestion zone but outside) with a 'High risk' band post code?

If so what company do you use?

Yep, I live in East London and have used Elephant for the past 10 years.
Have always checked other insurance companies on renewal and no one can ever get within £150-£200 of Elephant's price.
Admiral (Elephant are part of the same group) are pretty close, and at one point beat Elephant by a few quid but I chose to stay with Elephant.

I found that playing about with the options in the online quote saved me quite a lot also; see this thread -----> LINK

Im 21 and a women lol got a A3 2.0tdi 88.91 a month for 10months... direct line :) got 3 year no claim.. my renewal is in sep

Have always checked other insurance companies on renewal and no one can ever get within £150-£200 of Elephant's price.
Admiral (Elephant are part of the same group) are pretty close, and at one point beat Elephant by a few quid but I chose to stay with Elephant.

I found that playing about with the options in the online quote saved me quite a lot also; see this thread -----> LINK

Cheers for the link mate. Funnly enough I am also with ADMIRAL too lol

I got a cheaper quote from elephant and because ADMIRAL are a sister company they priced matched the quote.

I pay £1117 at the moment, not sure if you read my previous posts but I have been quoted almost 1.5k more to insure my car as the market stands now..... and that with 2 NCB and me being older :/

I got a cheaper quote from elephant and because ADMIRAL are a sister company they priced matched the quote.

I pay £1117 at the moment, not sure if you read my previous posts but I have been quoted almost 1.5k more to insure my car as the market stands now..... and that with 2 NCB and me being older :/

That's mental... and I bet not right.
If the online quote doesn't work in my favour then I phone the company, tell the person who picks up the phone that the online price is too much, they then go and "speak to the supervisor" and 9 times out of 10 come back with a more sensible price.

It's scary the amount I could've paid over the years if I had just accepted the prices given. I reckon i've saved over 4 or 5k.

But yeah, living in London I don't think anybody can compete with Elephant/Admiral.

Joe let me know when you going for renewals i'll arrange for one of the guys on sales to give you a call. I'll just need to know your reg policy number and how much you were paying on your insurance before.

Cheers

Joe let me know when you going for renewals i'll arrange for one of the guys on sales to give you a call. I'll just need to know your reg policy number and how much you were paying on your insurance before.

Cheers

Will do definately Ben. You have PM ;)

Have you tried getting a quote with green light? I believe they are pretty good aswell?

A big +1 for Greenlight from me. Can't hurt to give them a call and they saved me much cash.

I'm 37, on a std 2007 S3 with no points or claims. Direct Line wanted over £1000 on renewal - a 40% hike! After much searching and depressingly high prices from most, I was going to go with Elephant / Admiral at around £700, but Greenlight came back with £550 protected NCB. :rockwoot:

Nice helpful staff as well. Back to the old school brokers for me...:icon_thumright:

i'm 19 my insurance in £3014 fully comp with my parents on my S3 2010 , no mods , no point , 1 claim , 1 ncb with admiral

A big +1 for Greenlight from me. Can't hurt to give them a call and they saved me much cash.

I'm 37, on a std 2007 S3 with no points or claims. Direct Line wanted over £1000 on renewal - a 40% hike! After much searching and depressingly high prices from most, I was going to go with Elephant / Admiral at around £700, but Greenlight came back with £550 protected NCB. :rockwoot:

Nice helpful staff as well. Back to the old school brokers for me...:icon_thumright:

+1 was with these last year. Excellent service, remap declared too.
Shame they werent quite as competetive this year, `A Plan` ended up being a bit cheaper.

iirc they were looking at more VAG website sponsorship as they they seem to have a good understanding of modified cars and go that bit further to negotiate rates with underwriters.
Defo woth a call.

cheers
Paul

I got on MoreThan.com a couple of nights ago, just to get a quick glance at how much I'm gonna be saving with the 2.0TDi S-line (140), compared to the TT I've just traded in......

......the TT was slightly cheaper !?!?!?

Work that out : A3=Group 11, TT=Group 18

how do people get such low quotes???
i am 23 4 years NCB and my 2.0t-fsi A3 which lives in the garage when at home is £1000 to insure fully comp?????
oh and i live in the middle of nowhere,the car is parked in a secure car park during work.drives me up the wall really does
i am insured through performance direct who where £200 cheaper than anyone else

did you try admiral, what is your milage and profession, could be the postcode lottery too

yeah they were around £1500 mark
mileage is 12k
partner uses it during day shes a teacher(yes she is down on the policy as doing this)
i have a van for work i am a sparky

Mine is £865 a year fully comp with Admiral. Mine is a 2006 Sline special edition 2.0T Quattro, with the mods listed below. I live neer Portsmouth and i am 22. I have 3 points (just about to come off) and have 2 years no claims bonus.

I'm 19 years

1 year on my license

1 year NCB

No Points

Got a 8P 2.0TDI Quattro Sport 3dr

Insurance Cost?

£745 fully comp everything in my name. £68p/m :) with Aviva

I pay about £2250 fully comp for a3 2.0tfsi quattro, I'm 20 with 1 years ncb

I'm 24 - 3 points (2 years old) - zero no claims

One named driver

2006 2.0 TDI (170bhp) S-Line

~£530 with mor>than

I'm just amazed by how all these youngsters :happy: can afford these cars and insurance premiums.
At 19/20 I was driving a 1.0 Vauxhall Nova that had one front wing from a 3 door model and one from a 5 door.
Had to carry a set of spark plugs with me everywhere too, cos the car would burn them out after every 30 miles.
It had an SR spoiler on it though.

Insurance - £900, 3rd party.

33 year old male been driving for 16 years with my own insurance without any claims being made and no convictions in that time.

My insurance for my S3 with a £1000 excess and full comp is £404 through Admiral.

35 yr old male with 6yr NCB, no convictions

£420/yr with £250 excess with Audi Insurance for my S3