How do you remove the rear bumper?

ru4shaw

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the rear bumper i had a look through the posts but couldn't really find anything. Im also changing the front bumper, bonnet and boot spoiler but i think i know how to do those.
Any advice on how to change any of those parts especially the rear bumper would be appreciated

Thanks

Rear bumper.

There are about 4 or 5 screws on the inside of each rear wheel arch and 2 right underneath in the middle , then it just un - clips SLOWLY , if you feel it is stuggling to come away just check round for any further screws but i am 99.9 % sure there is not.

Apart from above, there are 2 bolts hidden behind the rear trim inside the car, you have to take the boot trim of, the one that houses the warning triangle red plastic container, you need an extension socket to get in there to reach it, not a fun job, take time, patients needed, putting it back is the fun part.

Front has wheel arch screws, then there is 1 bolt each side inside the arch right in the corner near the headlight & underneath there are several each side & 2-3 along the front underside edge, you will ideally need to remove the wheel arch liner to do it properly, done number of times & removal is definitely advised to save time & messing about.

i just finished doing the front end conversion but you can see a small gap between the bonnet and grill/bumper, does anyone know why this is?

Got a pic, which bumper & grill did you use, sline, s3, etc

managed to get the front end on (s3 bumper and bonnet) but i cant find a socket deep enough to get the 2 bolts behind the bumper off from inside the boot
does anyone know where i can get a socket deep enough
thanks

Halfords, all my socket sets/spanners etc are from there, have been superb to date

i cant seem to get the socket deep enough on the screw to reach the bolt
i must be doing something wrong

im trying to give the back bumper another go today
would anybody be able to tell me what tool i need to get the 2 bolts of from inside the boot
i can see them and i was using a deep socket but it was still to short
am i doing something wrong?

Get a thin extension bar using a small socket on end & this will do the trick, just make sure when you undo it & keep pressure on the nut then when ready to lift the nut out, hold at an angle so it doesnt fall of whilst exiting the hole, I sometimes when refxing these hard to get to fixings, glue the nut on the end of the tool, then fix it in place as the glue will break once you fix it back to the car or magnetic tools

i gave that a go but the screw is quite long so i cant get the socket far down enough to reach the screw
would a box spanner work?

Just buy the deeper sockets mate, I have a halfords kit that has all the longer deeper sockets to allow for the longer threads to go through to reach the nuts mate, used it several times for this very job.