Honeycomb grill for the S Line

Dazza124

Reaction score
Bought an A4 standard bumper honeycomb grill fitted it and trimmed the bottom off my original then wrapped it will add a little black silicone where they meet but tbh 100 quid mod and some work beats paying over 500 plus vat for the rs4

Attachments

• 20200822_215825.jpg
    20200822_215825.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: sirsmokedalot, Pie-eyedpiper and jarnold231
HEY dazza - nice job! I made an RS4 style grille & fog Lamp surrounds for mine too - Got some sheets of ready made plastic mesh off the interweb thingy - Here's a pic so you can see - relatively easy to do the grilles on an S line 'cos they come off. Just used Hot Melt glue to stick the mesh in place - seems to work OK.

Mesh Fog Lamp Grille Making

Very nice I was thinking of doing the same is honeycomb mesh gloss black as I want it nice and shiny to match the main grill

The Mesh I bought was a matte finish - possibly can get a glossy version too. I'll have a look.......

Hi all - back to this again - I'm thinking of trying this Grille & Mod on my S line - but using one with chrome trim (cos I'm old school & like my chrome trim on the car)

Blackchrome grille

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/332436152008?ul_noapp=true

Might be difficult to combine the bottom part of my existing grille (because of the chrome) but I think I'm gonna give it a go. Won't be anytime soon though - Covid fiasco making it difficult to work on car.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Don't get me wrong chaps, i'm all for saving a shed load of money on audi parts and yes some B7 oe parts are just bonkers, i'm also allways open to a diy project etc.

On the subject of grilles though i think the OE rs4 grille route is byfar the best plan.

So downsides.
They are not the cheapest item around and also very few good ones to be found in used format.

Plus points though,
they are a straight hassle free fit , they are an OE part so decent quality and they come in several surround colour/finish and most importantly they look spot on.

As much as i love a good project and you guys do top stuff with rs4 alternatives , for me the OE rs4 b7 grille is byfar the only real option.

just my input chaps on a wet old sunday evening.