Hill hold retro fit

Nick WATSON

Reaction score
Hi all,

About to buy an A4 B8.5 that sadly doesnt have HHA.

Coming from a Passat B6 that has it, I really could do with retro fitting it. I've done a search but the threads are old and not of much use.

Has anybody retrofitted it lately? Kufatec do have a retro fit kit - has anybody installed it recently? Do I need to purchase through them or can I get the parts cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

I was going to point you to the audi enthusiasts website. They had an article on many retrofits, hill hold being one of them. Sadly the domain has expired. If I recall you need the right ABS pump fitted or the retrofit won’t work. You can probably get the parts cheaper, but the Kufatec kit will come with a pre made loom, instructions and help if you get stuck. They will (should) also check your chassis number when you order the kit to ensure it will work with your cars current modules/options etc.
I’m sure @NHN will be along soon. He may be able to help out.

I believe if your ABS is listed as 1AT in your car options list then it is hill hold assist ready. If it is 1AS you will need to replace the ABS unit.

I was going to point you to the audi enthusiasts website. They had an article on many retrofits, hill hold being one of them. Sadly the domain has expired. If I recall you need the right ABS pump fitted or the retrofit won’t work. You can probably get the parts cheaper, but the Kufatec kit will come with a pre made loom, instructions and help if you get stuck. They will (should) also check your chassis number when you order the kit to ensure it will work with your cars current modules/options etc.
I’m sure @NHN will be along soon. He may be able to help out.

Absolutely gutted that the site is no longer up, it was such a useful (if basic) resource.

I wonder if there is there any way of contacting the original owner and finding a way to keep it going? Hosting fees can't be too high for a website that's essentially a few images and text.