High-performance Oil Choice?

TheJuanAndOnly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the B7 2.0 Litre (Non-turbo) Avant and am looking to do a full oil change. Any recommendations on what to use to get the most out of the engine?

Cheers all

Hi guys,

I have the B7 2.0 Litre (Non-turbo) Avant and am looking to do a full oil change. Any recommendations on what to use to get the most out of the engine?

Cheers all
I got the bul 2.0 turbo and i use 5w 40 quantum platinum, millers is also a very good oil, if you start tuning the 5w 30 is to thin and will use alot more oil and it can also smoke on idle, thats the 2.0 turbo though yours may differ slightly.

Reactions: TheJuanAndOnly
Either way millers is a great oil for any car and worth looking into and getting the correct weight for your set up i know a few people using millers on stock and highly tuned engines and they have always said its good

Hi,for the 2.0 tfsi tuned engine i am using 0w50 eneos.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Either way millers is a great oil for any car and worth looking into and getting the correct weight for your set up i know a few people using millers on stock and highly tuned engines and they have always said its good
When I had a GT4 the chaps on that forum always rated Millers.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and TheJuanAndOnly
Hi,for the 2.0 tfsi tuned engine i am using 0w50 eneos.

0w 50, Is it a track car then? normally you only hear about track cars having a 50 weight, I've never heard about it on a fast road car let alone stock.

Fuch’s 5w40 , top quality high spec oil for sensible price.
If it is good enough for my old bus it will it will be fine in a n/a FSI .
Opie oils are an excellent source.

No,but i have a ballace shaft delete kit with 1.8 t oil pump conversion,and has high oil pressure at cold engine,so i need thin oil at low temperatures

No,but i have a ballace shaft delete kit with 1.8 t oil pump conversion,and has high oil pressure at cold engine,so i need thin oil at low temperatures

I see well guess the 50w applies to your set up better then on, in the op’s situation id stick with the 40w