Hi from North East England

phils4s

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just recently joined on here after considering changing our 2005 BMW X5. We've had it for 5 years but wanted something newer & with 4WD but also lower as our 13 y/o Siberian Husky can no longer jump into the back of the X5 :-(
The problem we had was there isn't a lot out there that's lower, with room in the back & 4WD so it ended up a choice between a Volvo XC70, An Audi Allroad & an Avant Quattro.
Decided Volvo wasn't sporty enough so I've been looking for an Audi. Well at last I have put a deposit down on a 2013 A4 Avant Quattro Black Edition in Phantom Black. It's got pretty much everything we need on it apart from Satnav ( see post under A4 B8 section ) I had my eye on another with the satnav but although the other car was 3 months older ( albeit with 5k less miles ) they wanted £ 1500 more which I decided for me wasn't worth it for the amount of times we use it.
So we just need to wait for the cherished plate to transfer before we can go & pick it up !
I've joined this forum as I've always found them a great source of information.
I'm a bit of a car / bike nut having previously owned a Ducati 748, an AC Cobra replica with a 3.5 V8, a Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera & at the moment as some of you may have guessed by my user name a 1996 Lotus Esprit S4s in mica yellow. This is a sunny weather toy though & is pretty much away for Winter, especially once they start gritting the roads. I can't wait to pick up the A4 now, the X5 will be a hard act to follow but I'm sure the Avant will be more than a match.
Bye for now.
Phil

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Phil & :welcome!: go ASN!

From another member in the North East ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Hi & thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately my lovely Ducati 748 was sold to purchase the Cobra, still miss that bike, I wanted to keep it in the Lounge just so I could look at it but my Wife wouldn't;t let me :-(
Anyway, I picked up my new ( to me ) 2013 A4 Avant Quattro Black Edition today, Haven't had time to have a good play yet as it is dark & ****** freezing out there but will try & get some pics at the weekend ( not that you don't know what a black edition looks like )
Phil.