hesitation under boost

hank3944

Reaction score
Whilst accellerating quite hard I have noticed a hesitation in the power band, not sure what this is? any ideas? would vag.com pick it up?

Could be a lot of causes but, yeah vag-com may have a fault code to point you in the right direction.

DC

boost leak possibly have you checked the hoses for splits

Sounds like a boost leak or possibly a coil pack on its way out...

Get it on VAGCOM, you should defo get some codes come up...

Have a visual check and see if there are any leaks.

What car is it....some more info would help?

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but i also think i have a hesitation between 40-60mph, before and after this the car goes like the clappers. I have noticed the whiz from the turbo is quite loud with the window down when on boost. How do you do a visual check for boost leaks? AUM engine 2002

Just do a general look of the pipes, take the engine cover off and have a poke around...

The most common places are under and around the inlet manifold, and a bit of a hidden one is on the end of the inlet manifold, its like an E shaped pipe, it normally splits on the inside, so you cant really see it.

Under inlet manifold hoses are the plague, I have two or 3 leaks coming from that area so it's either the hoses into the Y-Piece suction pump or the suction pump itself. I made myself a boost leak tester which revealed these, I just need the time to strip them as they're all awkward to get to.

By the way since these have split I also have the hesitation however, I am still running on x2 ORIGINAL coilpacks so they need to be done too. Coilpacks seem to die slowly, a stutter here and there then they'll fully fail and thow up the EML. I only had two replace when Mr RAC came out to rescue me.

Plugs or coils. More than likely spark plugs, especially if it doesn't have the Ngk pfr6q fitted, non platinum plugs don't last long at all.

JamJay, why dont you get in touch with Audi and see if they can replace your coilpacks under the recall that they currently have on??

Benjamin, they dont necessarily need to be the NGKs, I know a lot of people on here that have the Bosch Super 4s and they have no probs at all.