Help! Possible EKTA query

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
Can anyone tell me how many parts the rear bumper on an S3 comes in?

i.e.
Main bumper
Black insert
Bottom lip

..or are they all 1 part?

I've just rejected my car's repair at the bodyshop on several counts, 1 being that the bottom lip is still knackered - they swear they've changed the bumper but I dont believe them.

They've also 'repaired' the tailgate (if anyone remembers my pics of the crash I dont think it was repairable) and the gap between it and bumper isn't even either.

I thought these places would swap parts for new parts at the drop of a hat to make money out of the insurance cos .. not try to pass of old bodged parts as new.

Cheers,
Adam

...severely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off right now

OK, just checked ETKA and it "Appears" to be just 2 parts. There's the "Bumper" (Part # 8L9 807 437) and then the insert (Part # 8L9 807 341) now on the picture (ETKA pic 807-50) there's a "Spoiler" but I only have a listing for Front-Wheel drive or Quattro, but just in case, the Quattro part # is 8L0 807 521 F. Just to be safe, double check the numbers with a dealer, since they have a tendency to alter them slightly.

Hope it helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, and here's the screenshot.

408300-S3RearETKA.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
OK, just checked ETKA and it "Appears" to be just 2 parts. There's the "Bumper" (Part # 8L9 807 437) and then the insert (Part # 8L9 807 341) now on the picture (ETKA pic 807-50) there's a "Spoiler" but I only have a listing for Front-Wheel drive or Quattro, but just in case, the Quattro part # is 8L0 807 521 F. Just to be safe, double check the numbers with a dealer, since they have a tendency to alter them slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate.... the more I think about it the more I reckon they've just reformed and filled in the dents before spraying - I'm going to get them to tell me exactly what parts they claim to have replaced on the phone tomorrow. It's silly stuff like the plastic trim on top of the bumper/tailgate edge that they haven't bothered to replace (it's still bent up from the accident) .. must cost like £20 max so why the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif haven't they replaced it ?!?!

Think it's going to be while before I get the car back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A

From what i have been told regards replacement parts for cars being repaird thru the insurance companies is that if the car is 3yrs or older they have the right to use non genuine parts etc.. which i think really takes the pisss considering how much we have to ****** pay them scumbags!!