Help needed from fellow b6 owners

s4mark

Reaction score
Good morning all. Could any of you b6 owners do me a favour next time you go to your car? Can you tell me of your auxiliary radiator fan for the air con runs all the time with the ac on. I'm getting conflicting advice as to whether or not it should always be on. Thanks for your help

Thanks. I've already replaced the fan and the module and it still won't kick in. Fuses look OK unless I'm missing one somewhere. Guess the relay will be next to check? Other than that I'm not sure, hopefully not the compressor

Is it stuck in Econ mode all the time?
My own one is and I haven't tackled it, but I believe it's very common on them and is referred to as the G65 sensor which is behind the front bumper.
I read my own one with VCDS and it threw up a fault for the G65, so I'm going to try change it soon.
Here is a link to an article showing where it is located

Its not stuck in Econ mode. If the G65 is the pressure sensor that goes into the side of the condenser then that was replaced about a year ago whilst trying to sort another issue. I'm thinking now that it may be the coolant temp sensor in the lower rad pipe

Ah right, yes, the G65 is the sensor on the side of the condenser alright. Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of it anyway

Thanks for your ideas. I've replaced everything so far except the temp sensor and compressor itself. All I want to do is get the ac working again before I put the car up for sale. I'm moving to something newer and cheaper to run after my commitments have changed so would like to sell it on to someone else to enjoy fault free

A bit more trawling through the net and I am now wondering if the s4 has 2 fan modules. A guy with a 2005 s4 cab claimed to have the same issue as me, changed the fan module that sits in front of the condenser only to find that the aux fan module is attached to the underside of the n/s chassis leg. I know the b5's had one under there but didn't think the b6 did. As usual, the more you read posts and articles online, the more conflicting info you get! Only way to know for sure is pull the front off again at the weekend and have a look. As much as I like the S4, working on them and even seeing certain bits on the engine is just a nightmare without some serious dismantling, another reason that I feel its time to get rid of it. Its been fun and I always wanted one but after 10 years of ownership and many thousands spent, I've had enough lol