Help needed - Audi Alarm

I

imported_Cali

I have an A4 Quattro Turbo Sport(B5) 2000 plate with Audi alarm (well thats what it says). The siren is that quiet thought it was my phone going off in the boot.

Is it possible to change the Siren?
I have I clifford one odd my old MKI.

Also I have read that you can get an audible alert to tell you when you have armed the alarm - How ?

I know on my 97 plate A4 the alarm was the horn and it honk when you armed it - So much better than this thing I have at present.

Any help appreciated

For £200 you can just upgrade the whole alarm/immobiliser to a proper CAT1 full closure, and at least you'll be able to hear it if it goes off.

AndyMac

ASN's answer to Zen off Blake7 (anything electrical/ice - he has the answer)

Where from - what make - anymore details - please.

Did you ever get round to building a stealth sub enclosure for your A4 ?
I need to maximise the boot space and the sub and box are taking up too much space.

Cheers

I went for a Sigma CAT1, it integrates directly into the Audi central locking/alarm, has code hopping so can't be scanned, and has a keypad bypass in the car, but there's a wealth of different models available. I just went with whatever my local ICE dealer recommended as they've always been very good in the past.

No, still got the Alpine 10" in the A4, but I have fitted a stealth sub in our B6 Avant, very easy, just a square box loaded with a JL Audio 6.5" sub. The B5 would take too much work.

Cali, for audible alert confirmation see my reply to your other post... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have fitted a stealth sub in our B6 Avant, very easy, just a square box loaded with a JL Audio 6.5" sub. The B5 would take too much work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to change subject a bit on the post, but saw this!
I've got a Sub, that I was thinking of putting in my B5 Avant, how much work do you recon it would be?

Well you need to install an amp for it, run power cable from battery, pick up the pre-outs from the HU or rear amp to feed the sub amp and locate the sub (either stealth behind the boot trim or traditional enclosure in the boot.