Help me diagnose a water leak from the engine

AudiC

A4 2.0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought an Audi A4 B6 from a scrap yard, only being told that there was "a leak" from the engine. Me being brave, decided to buy it (why not for £250), and have stripped the front end of the car to find the auxiliary belt and where I assume the leak is originating. Some pictures are attached of what i have found, and i feel that the first image is the most informative. It looks like the water is coming out of a black casing and running down the engine block. Could this be a blown water pump? The leak is tremendously fast, but only when the car is running and under pressure. Any help would be appreciated - Connor

Snapchat 1961844944
Snapchat 93935120
Snapchat 2104776089

You'll have to take the timing belt off to find out, you would have to anyway if it is the water pump, which is the most likely part, the only other part is the thermostat housing but that would send the water down the side of the block.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You'll have to take the timing belt off to find out, you would have to anyway if it is the water pump, which is the most likely part, the only other part is the thermostat housing but that would send the water down the side of the block.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Have taken the covers for the timing belt off, and even with little water in it, i can see water dripping out of the bottom of the "gear" so to speak. Sound to me like its 100% the pump. Thanks :)

Reactions: QuattroCalum