Help Lost All Electrics

Taza

Reaction score
Last night driving through Manchester in major trafic,battery alarm came on then lights went out,drove car into car park lost power steering,
Is there a Alternator fuse if so what size,going back today to see if we can get her going.
Will take my meter and carry out a few test.

cheers

the battery symbol on the dash is on when you switch ignition on then goes out when engine runs ???

Last night driving through Manchester in major trafic,battery alarm came on then lights went out,drove car into car park lost power steering,
Is there a Alternator fuse if so what size,going back today to see if we can get her going.
Will take my meter and carry out a few test.

cheers

the battery symbol on the dash is on when you switch ignition on then goes out when engine runs ???

Sounds like the alternator belt has snapped if you lost the power steering as well.

This happened to me when my alternator failed at 99k. Best to get it tested, my battery went flat and even a jump start did not help because the car just went flat right away.

Just checked voltage at the battery when engine only 12v,ordered new alternator,removed alternator it's got a weird pulley.never seen one like this,

Cheers

Yes on the pulley,the clutch type,but why ???

No idea, my old one and new ones the same. I fitted the new one 2.5k ago and all has been well. What mileage did yours go at?

Did you get strange popping now and then through the stereo before this? I have a feeling mine is going. Having some power issues.

Mine went without any warning at all. Was just on the motorway at about 60mph, the car beeped and he battery light came up and within 2-3 miles later it all died and I coasted to a stop, could not even reach the next junction to get off at :( Strange that yours went at the same mileage, I was 99,970!