Help, just failed MOT on rear shocks, OEM or After Market?

KeirW

Reaction score
Hi all... I have an A4 B8.5 Avant S-Line, 3.0 Tdi, 2014 model..

Just got back from my MOT and unfortunately it failed as there's a bad leak from one of my rear shocks... obviously I need to get this sorted asap and am after some advice if anyone can help?

If I'm going to change both rear shocks, am I better off just biting the bullet and changing them all to something after market and better? Money is a limiting factor so I don't want to spend a small fortune, but I do want to put something good on the car as I love driving it..

I'm not really interested in sports/hard suspension and having it lowered.. but if there's something that's better than OEM and a similar price I'd be crazy to just put the standard ones back on.. is there anything out there that's as comfortable if not more than the stock shocks but with a better ride and stability?

Thanks for any help! Pic below of my motor..

IMG 5969

Reactions: CrazeUK
Talk to damian @ dpm, but don't get b4's as I've got them & dont rate at all.

Reactions: KeirW
Thanks @NHN

Just looking at Euro car parts prices, they are only £70 or £80 each shock which is pretty good to at least get me through the MOT.

I don't know if I have sports suspension or not which doesn't help as I don't know which to buy if I go down that route..

Does anyone know an easy way to tell? It's an S-Line but that doesn't necessarily mean it's sports suspension does it?

Check the PR code sticker. Should be one in the boot. Each code means a specific option. Use a PR decoder site to convert the codes into English!

Just looking at Euro car parts prices, they are only £70 or £80 each shock which is pretty good to at least get me through the MOT.
I don't know if you have these already but don't get your parts from the euro car parts website. Go to www.carparts4less.co.uk they are owned by euro car parts. All the parts are delivered by euros but a lot cheaper. The price is normally what the part would cost with the euros discount applied plus a further discount on top.

I don't know if you have these already but don't get your parts from the euro car parts website. Go to www.carparts4less.co.uk they are owned by euro car parts. All the parts are delivered by euros but a lot cheaper. The price is normally what the part would cost with the euros discount applied plus a further discount on top.
That's good to know thanks :)

Reactions: EXSpartan36