HELP HELP mmi stuck in splash screen

aizen79

Reaction score
hi guys, got a 2013 audi a4 quattro..attempted a firmware conversion from japan to europe....it proceeded very well. I followed the instructions given but after the last reboot, he device got stuck in the splash screen. Radio, media and bluetooth seem to work via the dashboard screen. I cant access engineering mode, green menu..I have tried reset, battery disconnect with no change. VCDS gives errors 01043(incorrect software version) and 03675(no navigation data)..after clearing the errors no change. Help
find attached a clip of the same

I assume you have removed the SD card?

And changed the coding in the car to Europe?
yes I did this before upgrading using the green menu
the I got the firmware, flashed it and in the final reboot, the device got stuck in the splash screen

yes I did this before upgrading using the green menu
the I got the firmware, flashed it and in the final reboot, the device got stuck in the splash screen

Stupid one, have you checked there are no buttons that are stuck in, this can cause it to hang like this.

Go through them all and make sure they all click on and off.

OliNix
B8.5 S4 Avant - Glacier White

Stupid one, have you checked there are no buttons that are stuck in, this can cause it to hang like this.

Go through them all and make sure they all click on and off.

OliNix
okay let me do that....

okay let me do that....
all buttons working well....i can skip or rewind a song but still not able to see what is happening
is there a script I can use to reinstall the firmware that doesnt need any input from me?

I don’t like pointing people to other forums, but speaking to Congo from the A5OC is probably your best bet.

He has done 99% of the work around the map and firmware updates and knows the system inside and out.

all buttons working well....i can skip or rewind a song but still not able to see what is happening
is there a script I can use to reinstall the firmware that doesnt need any input from me?

Yes there are scripts that can be written and run.

You will need a specific one for what you want to do. As I said above, Congo might be able to help with this. He knows the scripting language it is looking for.

Yes there are scripts that can be written and run.

You will need a specific one for what you want to do. As I said above, Congo might be able to help with this. He knows the scripting language it is looking for.
Can you kindly help with a link for the mmi 3Gp firmware….am thinking of writing an firmware image to a hard disk and replacing it in the mmi. What do you think?

Can you kindly help with a link for the mmi 3Gp firmware….am thinking of writing an firmware image to a hard disk and replacing it in the mmi. What do you think?

If you can find an image/someone willing to take their car apart and make you one, then yes I agree with your logic and think it’s your best shot.

See below, extracted from A5OC:
congo said:
MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.32.1 and firmware updates - currently 2021 Europe

Its time for a new thread and i hope this one will be kept clean :)
Here is a link to the old one, please check there before asking questions that might have already been answered in the past.

Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Map & activator:
6.32.1 2021 MMI 3G High/Plus Europe [Link on Mega (use 7z/7zip to open the files)] Password: 8R0051884HQ
6.20.1 2019/2020 MMI 3G Plus NAR [Link on Mega] (use 7z/7zip to open the files)] Password: 8R0060884GJ
5.10.4 2018 MMI 3G High/Plus ROW - ANZ,SA,ME,HN,SM ... soon!

Activator [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]

Firmware:
Audi A1 [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]
8R0 906 961 EC – HN+_EU_AU210_K0900 (A1) SVM: 3GPEU900A1

Audi A4-A5-Q5-Q7
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems

Audi Q3-A6-A7-A8
HN+R_EU_AU_K0900 - Stock firmware
HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 - Stock firmware
HN+R_EU_AU_K0900 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems

Manual:
3G_3GP.pdf [Link on Mega || Spanish translation thanks to homarc || 2017 MAP Update thanks to homarc]
How to user 64GB SD card [Link on Mega]

Cheers :wink2:

In order new 2021 map to fit in 32GB SD do not copy the following folders
pkgdb/LIT
pkgdb/LIT2
pkgdb/LIT3

You might need GEM (Green engineering menu) activated and use User Defined Mode and manually select all that is under AUDI_MMI3G_ECE if it's not selected.

Note: For update of 3GHigh remove the LIT3GP folders instead.

Warning - FW update K0900 is removing the "Emergency Update" option from the "Green Menu". There is a way that this can be fixed.

• Emergency menu activation on K0900 firmware. [ Only for A5OC ]
• To enable the Green Menu you could use VCDS, VAS or the following script [ Green menu activation ]
• 03623 [ 03623 Remove ]
1. Unzip it on the SD card.
2. Put the sd card in the MMI.
3. When prompted press the center knob.
4. After the script is done you will see confirmation screen.
5. Remove the SD card and reboot MMI

Do not use MAC to unpack and/or copy the files to the SD card.

Q&A section
Here are some of the questions raised by the forum members about the update process that I might failed to explain in the manual.

Q. Do i need VCDS to do the update?
A. No, you need VCDS only to clear some errors after the update but the MMI will function correctly even if you don’t clear them out.

Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.

Q. Currently no updates for North America?
A. Not for now.

Q. I have mmi 3gp , version p0XXX can i go straight to k0900?
A. Yes.

Q. Have found the activation script and it includes "2380_00040009.fsc". This should be changed according to manual Page 31 to the MAC address specifically to my MMI or should I continue to use the "2380_00040009.fsc" as stated in the manual page 18.
A. Leave the filename as it is now.

Q. The 2380_00040009.fsc file contains a VIN number. Should that be changed to my VIN number?
A. No, do not attempt the edit the fsc file.

Q. Will my VIN be visible and correct in the MMI
A. Yes.

Q. Only thing is that my Google Maps option is greyed out... any hints?
A. Reinstall the GEMMI_nav component from the K0900.

Q. 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version - How can i solve this ?
A. Restart the MMI and remove the key from ignition then put it back in. The error should change from 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version to 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management.

Q. What does the new firmware bring in terms of added functionality?
A. Not much, apart from K0770/K0767 fixing the issues with the SIM data connection and Bluetooth usage at the same time.

Q. What are 03276 and 03175, will they affect the MMI in anyway and how can they be avoided?
A. 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management will appear every time when the software is updated w/o VAS connection to the VW/Audi servers.
03175 - Invalid Data Set will appear when updating the map w/o deleting it first. Sometimes this helps to avoid that error.
They will not affect the functionality or the sound characteristics of the MMI.

Q. Is there a way to use used defined mode w/o "Green Menu"?
A. Yes. In file metainfo2.txt in the root folder if you remove the line "MetafileChecksum=XXXXXX" and add
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaCRC = "true"
the you will be able to use the user mode w/o the green menu.

Warning - At no stage I take responsibility of your actions or any of my notes that may mislead you. Therefore, and like my all other documents I say “use at your own risk”.

OliNix

If you can find an image/someone willing to take their car apart and make you one, then yes I agree with your logic and think it’s your best shot.

See below, extracted from A5OC:

OliNix
Found an 3GP mmi image from Russian site with version xxxxx900 but loaded with A7 user manual…it’s around 27 GB…do you think it will work for the A4.

Found an 3GP mmi image from Russian site with version xxxxx900 but loaded with A7 user manual…it’s around 27 GB…do you think it will work for the A4.

In theory, yes. I have no idea though. If you image your drive as it is now, you can always go back to your current state.

At this point I don’t think you have much to loose!

hi guys, managed to download the firmware from our russian friends, installed in a hard disk and put it in the car..the mmi booted very well but...the above problem is still persistent despite using a different hard disk. Once i use a script..the screen acknowledges the script but defaults to the stuck splash screen. Please guys I need help...someone with connection to the russian site pass the query there.

hi guys can someone please help with a download link for japan 3gp mmi firmware. Thanks

Did you managed to get this resolved in the end? I'm having the exact same issue!