Help deciding on colour!

Which colour would you go for with black styling pack & privacy glass?

• Total voters

justsean

Reaction score
I've currently got on order a mythos black s-line with black styling pack and privacy glass...

I'm worried it's going to look way too black, I can't find any pictures of the black/black - also does anyone have pictures of the A3 in Glacier white/Misano red with the black styling pack too?

I'm really torn! I have a white golf at the moment and was hoping to try a different colour for the next car but the A3 does look great in the Glacier...

Cheers for your thoughts!

Sean

black or white....how about grey....Daytona Grey...cant go wrong IMHO

I love red. But if you're dead set on getting the black pack, then Glacier looks the best in my opinion as it contrasts nicely. I was torn between Glacier with black pack and red without when ordering mine.

Reactions: glospete
I've currently got on order a mythos black s-line with black styling pack and privacy glass...

I'm worried it's going to look way too black, I can't find any pictures of the black/black - also does anyone have pictures of the A3 in Glacier white/Misano red with the black styling pack too?

I'm really torn! I have a white golf at the moment and was hoping to try a different colour for the next car but the A3 does look great in the Glacier...

Cheers for your thoughts!

Sean

I think this is the 8p with black styling pack but it'll give the idea. I've gone it for my A3 in Glacier as I have it with my Ibis white TT and IMO it looks great.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?68857-Black-Styling-Pack

After owning a black car, I would NEVER own another one. They look magnificent when just polished but every single speck of dust or watermark shows up. I went for red, which seems to hide the dirt pretty well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz Auto, alistairm1 and voorhees
After owning a black car, I would NEVER own another one. They like magnificent when just polished but every single speck of dust or watermark shows up. I went for red, which seems to hide the dirt pretty well.

I agree with this! My last car was a brilliant black TT. It looked brilliant when clean, but showed up every imperfection, watermark and scratch. I went for shiraz red.. love it! as quite exclusive and just a bit different. Misano looks good as well though.

Week 17,18 . . . Build thread has pictures of both glacier and black with black styling packs.
If you go white. You see all the dead bugs. But if you go black. You don't see the lines of the car. But either or it's your choice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402945816232857
Glacier white with black styling. Voila.

+1 Daytona - loving mine. MUCH better in the flesh than I thought...

justsean,

If you have a look at a post i had earlier last month, it shows my S3 sportback in misano red with a black stying pack.
It is on page 8, "just over a week in now"

Personally I think Misano is the best colour if you're going for the black pack :yes:

What put me off going Misano was the number of red S3's already in Aberdeen (heaps), and my prefered colour (Sepang) became available about 2 days after I placed my order and I was able to change it.

I think Black/back looks too dark (especially with the provacy glass, and I'm assuming you've gone for a black interior) and I'm not sure about Daytona/black, I think it needs the chrome to lift the colour.

Bottom line though, go with what you like, it's your car - who cares what anyone else thinks :w00t:

Too many red S3s in Aberdeen? Tell me about it! In the month after I picked mine up the city became swamped with them. The day I took delivery they had 4 red S3s lined up at Aberdeen Audi being picked up that day! Still think it looks good though :)

What a great setting for a car photo ...... and a great car as well!

I have to say I've had 2 Misano Audi's both with black packs and this combo really works in the flesh in all sorts of lighting so my vote is Misano but it all comes down to what you like mate.
Colour is such a personal and often a tough choice to make so good luck!!