help correcting service inspection interval please

amowolves

Reaction score
Hi my car being on the long life service plan went in for both oil and inspection last sept 2018

but the dealership must have reset and changed it to fixed intervals instead as this sept 2019 when it went in for an MOT is was showing as inspection due. so I asked the audi tech to reset mmi to correct values and im not sure what he's done but he reset oil (which now showing due in 302days) but inspection is showing as due already/100miles?

so basically I tried using vcds to correct time to next inspection and its now showing 317days (which is about right ) but still showing 100miles till inspection? even if it was miles based it should show around 3000miles as it would hit 19k (since last service) in 3k miles time.

can any one shed any light please?

confused dot com.

I had a similar problem, having had an oil and inspection service done recently but still showing the inspection due in March next year. The stealer's explanation was that it needed the brake fluid changed then so can't extend the inspection beyond March. Crazy.

Reactions: amowolves
thanks for the reply Dave. I left it to the dealers to solve now as i've part ex'd it in. They will prob just reset it when it goes through the workshop. i did explain to them that it was their service departments mistake but i don't think they were too bothered. oh well.