Help! Car won't Start... Video Attached

atkins14

Reaction score
Website
www.peteratkins.co.uk
Tried to start the car this morning but it won't start... didn't have time to try and find anyone to jump it before work or look too much into it. Going to try and go back on my lunch to see if it is battery related but thought I would post here 1st. I have attached a video to see if anyone has any suggestions?

Yeah hopefully, Managed to get it going when it was jump started. Got a multimeter on it and the alternator seems to be charging it fine, I even did a battery test to check the health, which seemed ok. However after leaving it running for about 30 mins and turned it off and tried to start it a couple hours later it was dead again. Managed to start it again and stick a battery charger on it and just went for a 45 min drive. Parked up and tried to turn it over... dead... Different sound now, as its trying to crank. Getting a new battery tomorrow... hopefully thats the issue! :(

Think you've confirmed its the battery mate.
I wouldn't jump start it too many times or try and start it with a duff battery though.
Control units don't like being starved of power.

Reactions: atkins14
Did changing the battery solve the problem? Mine is making the exact same noise this morning and refused to start. What battery did you get and where from?

Many Thanks

Cheers. Ill go there tonight. It is a goid price as eurocarparts have it for £90

Reactions: atkins14